• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS newhire pay now $45,500! If you get ANC MD-11 F/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lifeguard: Heard mid Sept for ratification but that was a while back and could have changed. If it passes that would put ANC probie pay at around $53K. Of course you'll need it to compensate for the cost of living in ANC. Also bring your own women as there's none left up there.
GB

Green Baron 737 said:
Also bring your own women as there's none left up there.
GB

What!?!? From what I've been told "...You never lose your girlfriend in Anchorage, you just lose your turn!" :blush:

PurpleTail said:
What!?!? From what I've been told "...You never lose your girlfriend in Anchorage, you just lose your turn!" :blush:

That's cuz there is probably only one or two good looking ones there.

Thats why the flights are to asia..... there is plenty of good looking women there. Two weeks to the orient and two week in the lower 48 "dikin" around:D.

Mega... you vote no yet ;).

Networ-King said:
Mega... you vote no yet ;).

Well, I can tell you that the nutjobs that they just arrested the other day ain't helping the no vote any. I'm scared.:erm:

Yes, no attractive women in Alaska, it's dark and cold, the beer sucks, no good skiing, the fishing sucks, the hunting sucks, you can't snowmachine much in the winter, no boating opportunities....for god's sake, who would want to go to Anchorage? You better not visit, just take my word for it. I tell you what, if they pay extra, I'll take one for the team and go. (once I learn the secret hand shake and get hired)

capt. megadeth said:
Well, I can tell you that the nutjobs that they just arrested the other day ain't helping the no vote any. I'm scared.:erm:

What are you scared about? Since the last time they did something, UPS has had NOTHING but record profits. The worse the world does, the better UPS does.

malterf15 said:
Yes, no attractive women in Alaska, it's dark and cold, the beer sucks, no good skiing, the fishing sucks, the hunting sucks, you can't snowmachine much in the winter, no boating opportunities....for god's sake, who would want to go to Anchorage? You better not visit, just take my word for it. I tell you what, if they pay extra, I'll take one for the team and go. (once I learn the secret hand shake and get hired)

Malter, I thought you were in the FDX pool. I'm actually praying you start with us soon so you'll quit asking for interview/letter/hire/start dates!

FreightNazi said:
What are you scared about? Since the last time they did something, UPS has had NOTHING but record profits. The worse the world does, the better UPS does.

Well, I was being slightly sarcastic when I said scared, but I am concerned. I wasn't here at the time but wasn't there a midterm agreement being talked about involving raises and after 9/11 UPS said nevermind? That's what I heard. If something were to happen and the TA gets voted down, I am just concerned that it will blow up in our face. Record profits or not, UPS will take full advantage of what is going on in the world around us and we may end up getting the shaft. That, Freightnazi is why I am "concerned".

disclaimer......This doesn't mean I am voting yes necessarily, it's just something to think about.

Latest resources

Back