• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS New Hires - Available Acft Assignments

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is just what I am doing now Clyde in a 75/76. Been over both lakes and back. Even did a trip out over parts of the forme USSR and India Ocean, Nigeria, and S. Africa too. I have ran into soem UPS guys out in the Japan once. Looking forward to that class date. All I have been doing is International forthe past 2.5 years now.

length of legs?

on these "round the world flights", how long (hours wise) is each leg? Do you fly 5 hours one day, then 2 the next, then 7.9 hours one day, etc?

sorry if this sounds simple-simon, I am a Part 91 guy

:p

Just finished a round the globe trip a week or so ago and consisted of:

Dead Head (on UPS) SDF-ANC, 28hr layover
IRO ANC-TPE, 10+hr block, 36hr layover
IRO TPE-BOM-DXB, 10+hr block, 28hr layover
Commercial (Emirates) DXB-BOM, 24hr layover
IRO BOM-DXB-CGN, 9+hr block, 36hr layover
FO CGN-EMA, 24hr layover
FO EMA-PHL, 26hr layover
FO PHL-SDF

BD

another quick question

do the majority of UPS pilots live in SDF? Commuting would suck if you are faced with those types of trips

my opinion of course

Don't quote me but I would guess about 50% or less live within 3-4 hours drive of Louisville. Commuting could be easy because you could either start in Louisville with the scheduled dead head or just get to ANC with enough crew rest for the first operating leg. Living in domicile makes life easier if you don't mind KY or southren IN. Like a wise airline captain once said "to get the most out of an airline career, keep your first house and wife and live in domicile".

BD

IRO is International Refiel Officer. It is a second pilot who is a F/O who is typed. When you are forcasted to fly more then 8 hours in 24 hours you are required to have one.

If you have to deadhead to ANC and don't live in base will they fly you out anywhere?Also is there a seat lock,I know most people stay in one aircraft since the pay is the same.

satpak77 said:
do the majority of UPS pilots live in SDF? Commuting would suck if you are faced with those types of trips

my opinion of course
On the contrary. If you fly a long international trip such as the one above, commuting becomes all the more doable. You’re essentially flying one trip a month and thus only have to commute once a month.

CE

Latest resources

Back