UPS mgmt looking for SCABS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

altscap

Rumor on pprune says that UPS mgmt is very quitely reqruiting UAL furloughees to fly brown if you guys go on strike. Good luck with the negotiations!!!

altscap said:
Rumor on pprune says that UPS mgmt is very quitely reqruiting UAL furloughees to fly brown if you guys go on strike. Good luck with the negotiations!!!
What's reqruiting?

You know, it's like recuesting they come over to work...

FAT CHANCE, Since when has a replacement pilot group been permenatly hired?.Other than EAL, when has a pilot contract not been settled,and everyone returns to work. Especially UAL people, UAL interns maybe.

Chances are UPS management is talking w/ UAL management for them to haul UPS freight if/when UPS goes on strike. This would allow some UAL pilots to either be called back or not to be furloughed at all. --Just speculation.

windycityflyer said:
FAT CHANCE, Since when has a replacement pilot group been permenatly hired?.Other than EAL, when has a pilot contract not been settled,and everyone returns to work. Especially UAL people, UAL interns maybe.

CAL '83-'85.

This is the dumbest rumor I have ever heard. United pilots are among the most staunch union supporters in the industry. I can't imagine that you would see them breaking a picket line.

Echopapa said:
This is the dumbest rumor I have ever heard. United pilots are among the most staunch union supporters in the industry. I can't imagine that you would see them breaking a picket line.

Your kidding right?

among the most staunch union supporters??? This wouldn't be the same union that has fuked them and every other major airline pilot group over and over and over again is it??? ALPA? riiiggghhhtt you just keep telling yourself that and you'd better hope your senior at your company cause unless the company is making money there is no such thing as a union. I hope this rumor is not true, but in this time and day, heck... there will be scabs lining up to do the job and take a chance and then later on in life they'll be accepted back into ALPA with open arms<-----as long as they can write that check every month.

If you don't think this could happen... Look at NWA. Plenty of pilots, mechs, FA's that will scab in a minute.

Latest resources

Back