• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ual321

Former Tilton Monkey
"UPS, IPA to announce Memorandum of Understanding Results on Monday, June 8

June 2 marked the end of the period when UPS Airlines crewmembers could volunteer for options to help avert a furlough of approximately 300 pilots.
UPS and the Independent Pilots Association have been processing the results of the mutually-agreed-upon volunteer effort. Although a number of issues must be resolved, UPS and the IPA agreed today to work through the weekend to continue to analyze the results of pilot commitments toward the MOU. The goal is to make a joint announcement by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, 6/8/09 regarding the results of the commitments to help avert the furlough of crewmembers.

At this time, it is premature to speculate about the results of UPS Airlines furlough aversion efforts. However, UPS and the IPA have committed considerable time and energy to this process in an effort to secure our employees' jobs and are working diligently on a plan to avert furloughs."

Hoping for the best, to the bottom 300.

Good luck to all at UPS. Hope you folks can work something out with management and keep everyone flying.

Looking forward to the day when the economic bloodbath is over.

PHXFLYR

Advance apologies if this has been asked before, but what's the approx DOH of the top of the bottom 300 list?

I'm sorry if I sound like a rookie, but one thing I don't understand is......we give our lives to our companies, blood, sweat, and soul, so in return, would it be too hard to ask for them not to furlough provided they have hundreds of millions if not billions in the bank. Does it really make a difference if they have 1.1 billion in cash reserves vs 1.05 billion?
Maybe during the next contract negotiations we can negotiate a term where the company cannot furlough unless the they get below a certain percentage of cash reserves.

I'm sorry if I sound like a rookie, but one thing I don't understand is......we give our lives to our companies, blood, sweat, and soul, so in return, would it be too hard to ask for them not to furlough provided they have hundreds of millions if not billions in the bank. Does it really make a difference if they have 1.1 billion in cash reserves vs 1.05 billion?
Maybe during the next contract negotiations we can negotiate a term where the company cannot furlough unless the they get below a certain percentage of cash reserves.

Not to sound harsh, but UPS runs a business, not a charity. I understand there are benefits to not furloughing when there is a need. However, the company's main obligations are to the shareholders, and if there is a valid need to cut staff, they they will do so (regardless of their financial situation.)

When it comes to the welfare(funny word) of the shareholders and the employees, employees will always lose out. I hope for the best at UPS.

early Oct. of '06.

Thanks. Just curious as to whether I would have been on the block had my interview gone a little better. Sadly, it seems I would have been safe, but not by much. Such is life! All the same, hope no one gets furloughed. Best of luck!

They will pay for this in the next contract..promise

Latest resources

Back