Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep the Faith

LLB, Bohnzai, and Chong!

I just wanted to toss this out and say that I am also still swimming in the pool. I have been in the pool since April, and I understand about the interview score next to your name. However, I also understand that I cannot do anything to change it, and as a result I am able to go into each day and not wait for the phone to ring. When it does I will be pleasantly surprised!

For the month of Dec. I am flying a peak run into SDF and sitting in the hub at night has made me realize that when I do get the call I will apprecaite the opportunity that much more! I agree with Bohnzai I believe that 2006 is our year! Keep the faith and know that you are not swimming alone!

DR

[ I am able to go into each day and not wait for the phone to ring. When it does I will be pleasantly surprised!

It took me about 5 months to get over that stage.

Middle of this month with be 1 year since I interviewed.

LLB
Keeping what faith I have above the water.

Hang in there, guys!

Hey, we haven't forgotten about you guys! From the little tidbits that I've heard in last week or two, only mngt. pilots are being interviewed, and the I think the last 8 people put into the last 2 classes, 6 were mngt. and 2 were line pilots. My numbers may be a bit off, but you get the picture. With peak here, contract talks, etc., it'll probably be into next year (Jan is my guess) before newhire classes resume like they were before. Again, your results may vary. HR is being very tight-lipped about all of the nembers for next year.

All I can say to my poolie buds is that when you get down here, we'll take care of you. Bohnzai, LLB, DR - enjoy the holidays! Hopefully y'all won't be working, like me! :eek: Then, when the New Year's hangover disappears, you'll get the call (hopefully).

Semperfido - GREAT avitar! Great looking golden; yours? Mine is almost 3 years old.

Question for those already there...

For those of you already at UPS I have a question about competitive mins.

I have a few years of piston flying and six years of part 121 time- a little over 6000 TT. I was just recently typed in an RJ last summer- only a few hundred of PIC turbine. I really like UPS and have thought about gettting a part time job there sorting bags/etc. if it would help get the foot in the door.

Does anyone know if this would be a worthwhile endeavor or get you an interview any sooner?

Thanks for any input!

From my point of view, it will not help you get an interview, but will help you in the interview. There is no getting around the LOR's you need to get you in the door.

Here's some info I read from another forum, so take it for what its worth.

Last class for 05 was today Dec 8th.

1 747 FO
1 A300 FO
8 DC8 FE
1 A300 management pilot

For 2005, 244 new hires were placed in class. They have 2 classes for next year so far, Jan 3rd (5 pilots) and Feb 14th (class of 6). Again, take it for what its worth, it is always subject to change.
Interviews are supposed to pick up again early next month. I just hope they drain the pool first. LLB could be right. If they continue to interview people who "score" higher than us in the pool, then we could be waiting a very long time. Rats!

Dog Rocket,

I thought you died on us! It's good to see another one still hanging on.

By the way, waiting in the pool for a year is not uncommon. I spoke to two UPS captains a week ago, and they both floated for a year in the pool back in the late 80's. I asked them why? and they had no answers. It's a mystery to us all.

Some people waited over 3 years in the pool after 9/11 and had to re-interview to get the job (I know one who got flushed after the second try). I hope it doesn't come down to that for any of us, but who knows.

Got the call! Jan 3rd FE class for me. Gotta call back Monday to schedule the medical for this week....one last hurdle to cross to become Brown!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Chog said:
I heard from a UPS bubba, that there is no classes at all in January except for the management pilot hires....maybe Feb. is our month....

No classes at all in January huh! Congrats Chog that's awsome news!! That has to feel good knowing you are on your way. It gives us pool scum some hope that we too will someday find salvation. Good luck.

Bohnzai

Latest resources

Back