UPS Hiring??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bestdad

Haven't seen anything lately on UPS hiring/pool. I am still swimming (coming up on 10 months). Are there any optimistic news or good rumors out there? How is the teamster contract negotiation going? How much do you think this is affecting hiring new pilots?

Bestdad- I am still swimming too, since last Sept. No news here either. My guess is that they would even consider hiring pilots until they are through with the teamster contract. Money magazine is of the opinion that it will be signed at the end of July, right at the deadline. An article in the Louisville paper says they have moved from non-economic to economic issues, which is apparently a good sign. Just knowing that they pretty much shut down training during the holidays, I certainly hope they can start hiring us this fall.
Any idea on what they base the pool ranking? They must rate you at the interview, but do they really rely on 1 days performance? Or are they just looking to mix the experience levels and backgrounds of each class? (I hope!)
I guess the best scenario is no more interviews, lots of new hire training, and plenty of poolies that have lost faith and gone elsewhere!

Best of luck! Tim

Bestdad and tim1wolf,

I was in flightops HR yesterday and spoke with Phil Donahue. He said that he didn't expect anything for the rest of the year. I wish I had better news for you guys. Things do change here very fast.

UPS DC8

Uncle Bunkle like cold posts.....turkey......probably cold, and for women.....I'm thinking the morgue for a few cold ones.

Ban NecroFreak Uncle Bunkle

Hopefully it's picked up for the earlier guys looking for info. Had a colleague leave our outfit, interview and class date happened very quick. Interview was in July, maybe early august, he's been online for a little over a month now.

Hopefully it's picked up for the earlier guys looking for info. Had a colleague leave our outfit, interview and class date happened very quick. Interview was in July, maybe early august, he's been online for a little over a month now.

And that's why we have these boards. Thank you NDpilot...

Latest resources

Back