Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS hiring to slow to a trickle the remainder of 2006.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the response capt. megadeth

There was one SWA FO who left last year for JetBlue. He lived in NY and would not have to commute any more. That make a lot of sense to me, given both companies was doing well at the time.

I wonder if any SWA FOs have left for FedEx in the past year or so.

What doesn't make sense to me is a friend of mine who had offers at both SWA and JetBlue in 2004. He lives 1/2 hour from BWI, but chooses JetBlue and now he commutes to JFK from Reagan National. I guess he considered the quicker upgrade to Captain and better seniority outweighed the commute.

I never worked for another carrier, but I can state BIGBROWNDC8's comments about his friend who switched to SWA are accurate in my opinion. IMHO, SWA treats us well. Sure no place is perfect, but overall, I am very happy here. I'd be much happier if they ever flew to CHS, but won't hold my breath. 600K people in the metro area, 500K tourists visiting every month, new parking garage at the airport, $5 Million waiting for a new carrier, great food, golf, and tons of things to see and do, yet no SWA, Airtran, or Jetblue. Maybe one day.

And althought most folks are happy at SWA, there are some people who will never be happy no matter how good they have it. There is one guy on FI, who claims to be a SWA pilot, who appears to be extremely frustrated with SWA. (I think he is a SWA pilot, although many SWA pilots don't think he is.) I personally think the guy is just unhappy period, and he vents on SWA quite a bit. Too bad the guy doesn't understand just how good he has it compared to so many other pilots. It's hard for me to comprehend how he could be so upset given the nature of this profession and all the pay cuts, lose of pensions, furloughs, and liquidations others have taken recently. I have a lot more empathy for the folks at companies who treat them much worse. DAL, NWA, USAirways, and UAL to name a few. Hopefully things will get better in 2006 for a lot of folks.

Yahtz

TRUE STORY

Hired on the spot Jan 05 by Paige M.
Told I would be put in a pool.
Heard nothing for a few months.
Called Phil D. March 5th 2005, got his voicemail, left a message.
Phil D. called at March 6th with a class date.
True Story.
This has happened more than once.

cargohauling said:
TRUE STORY

True Story.

Been there, done that, still swimming.

Sad but true story.

Hiring to slow to a trickle? I don't doubt it one bit. In fact I really believe it.

However, I'm sure this was announced by the same people at UPS that said we would never hire anymore flight engineers as of 2005.

I'm sure these same people at UPS were the ones that also said we would retire the B727 soon. Then about 3 months ago, UPS brings back 5 of them out of the desert.

cargohauling said:
TRUE STORY

True Story.

Care to elaborate on your process to that offer?

Thanks.

Right there with you..

I also went to the Women in Aviation Conference a couple of weeks ago, and although I have only been swimming since last April I left the conference feeling as though I would be swimming for another year. So to my FI friends and support structure I will be swimming right there with ya!

My sponser has been very active in trying to get me pulled from the pool, but alas I am still swimming. I know that LLB and Bohnzai are trying everything they can to get pulled from the pool as am I. I spoke to both Paige and Phil and was told that the hard part is over and just to sit tight because the call will come. I have faith that when my time comes the phone will ring, and until then I will keep trying to help my present employer pave the path for a positive future for other pilots with the determination to make it. LLB, Bohnzai and countless others who have come and gone over the last year have been a great asset to those in the pool and they should be commended for their positive attitudes and determination to get there despite the time it takes to get out of the pool.

Best wishes to everyone in the UPS pool for a speedy exit!!

DR

UPS Poolies

Any former XJT UPS'ers out there please pm or email me!?

Bohnzai, DR,

I'm still here. I don't want you to think that I drowned. I am guessing 2006 is out for getting out. There is always 2007!!!

I think..............

LLB

LittleLearBoy said:
Bohnzai, DR,

I'm still here. I don't want you to think that I drowned. I am guessing 2006 is out for getting out. There is always 2007!!!

I think..............

LLB

I sympathize with your plight and think it's a terrible way to start your experience with Brown. I also understand your being cautious in not getting your hopes up. But I think you'll be out of the pool within 2 months of a TA being reached, which hopefully is in May.

Latest resources

Back