UPS - hiring question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JohnnyPilot

I received a letter that said "Congrats. you are in the hiring pool.... don't call us we will call you....."

What does this mean?

Do I have a job?

Is it just a matter of getting a class date now?

What is the average/longest time in the pool?

Sorry for the question but I really am not sure if I will eventually have a job at UPS.

Thanks for any help or input.

Let me be the first to congratulate you! Wait time in the pool can be anywhere between 0-2 yrs, and I don't really know what the average time is anymore. But yes, you just sit back and wait for a class date. Congrats!

Last edited:
Congrats

I try to reread my pool letter every day to try and get some new information out of it. I've been swimming since Apr. Not a long time but I've seen many ppl after me get hired and get class dates. No one seems to know the magic behind getting a class date.

Try to enjoy the swim and appreciate the fact that you've gotten farther than a lot of others.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we will be in class soon!!!

What is the longest that you, or anyone, has heard, that a person has been in the pool?

Historically speaking, has everyone that has been in the pool been given a class?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Bad story

Well, I hate to pass along this story but.....

I heard of a guy that swam for 2 yrs and was invited back to reinterview. Was "unhired".

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we will be in class soon!!!

What is the longest that you, or anyone, has heard, that a person has been in the pool?

Historically speaking, has everyone that has been in the pool been given a class?

Thanks in advance for the info.

A pilot in my class was in the pool for 22 months. The time has come way down since that interview happened. A magic 8 ball will be more accurate than I could at guessing when you'll be called.

Well, I hate to pass along this story but.....

I heard of a guy that swam for 2 yrs and was invited back to reinterview. Was "unhired".

I think it was done only once and it was after a much longer period than 2 years (from post 9/11 pool). I believe almost everyone was re-hired except a few who managed to ding their records while waiting. Of course, this is just what I was told by one of those poolies - he was re-hired and is now a Z fo.

Why don't they interview for positions that are open and to fill class dates rather than just have a huge pool of people? I know a guy who was called, interviewed and in class within a month, this year too. What's the point of interviewing people to have them wait for a year or two while others get right now?

Latest resources

Back