• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Hiring Numbers for 2007

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone know how long the background check takes after UPS calls you with the conditional hire? I know getting records from the FAA takes over 2 weeks alone.

I have to apologize for this, but what is WTFK? I know what WTF usually means, but haven't seen it with a "K" on the end, so I'm figgerin' it's probably something totally different?:D

To anyone in the know, since ANC seems to be a likely base for current new hires, are the trips able to be done in big chunks or maybe by trade rather than a few days on/a few off to make life easier for those who choose to commute?

Thanks!

WTFK - who the f*** knows.....I made it up. :D

I have not seen a single line with one big trip in a pay period so if you are a line holder, I would say the answer is no. If you can hold reserve, which I doubt (the last bid I saw had all the senior FOs on reserve), you can do it in one big chunk.

Yowza! Thanks for the info. Still gotta few hurdles to cross before it's even an issue, but I was curious about it.

They want folks to live there and are discouraging commuting by building commuter unfriendly lines.

Wow - seems counterproductive. :confused: I'd hope there are other issues driving the plan. But the bottom line to solving/preventing staffing issues is to make life easier, not harder. Oh well, it's their call...

Under the contract you have to have X amount of hours off after so many crossings. I believe, this is why the trips are broken up. The crew members are getting their rest on their days off.

R

Here is the latest numbers I have heard. I may or may not work in the union. I may or may not have heard from a source in the union that they have been told by the company that there will be 160 more newhires in the next 7 months. Of course this may or may be true. But my guess is it may or may not be true. That is the latest number but working here as long as I have no one has any friggin idea what the actual number will be.

Latest resources

Back