Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C

commuterpuke

Hello. I'm new to the forum and I'm hopeful of getting an interview with UPS shortly. I've heard that they are now hiring into the right seat of the 747. Is this true? What chance does a civilian RJ driver have of getting the right seat of the whale as a newhire? Also, what kind of raise can a newhire expect to get with the new contract? Thanks.

Well, you can be hired into ANY seat(except Left) of ANY aircraft at UPS. First year pay is the same for FE or FO seat. I have not heard of too many new hires getting right seat of 74, but it is possible. Nobody knows what the new contract will bring, but my guess is that it will not bring a huge raise to first year guys.

commuterpuke said:
What chance does a civilian RJ driver have of getting the right seat of the whale as a newhire?
Slim to none. They like to fill these seats with those who have previous heavy experience.

commuterpuke said:
Hello. I'm new to the forum and I'm hopeful of getting an interview with UPS shortly. I've heard that they are now hiring into the right seat of the 747. Is this true? What chance does a civilian RJ driver have of getting the right seat of the whale as a newhire? Also, what kind of raise can a newhire expect to get with the new contract? Thanks.

Who cares what A/C you get. I could care less. I would be thrilled to watch guages on the 72 if I could land a UPS gig.

RJDC said:
Can you sue UPS to force them to give you right seat in the whale?
What is up with you and commuterpuke? You should be grateful for any job offer no matter what seat. With attitudes like yours, you better not resign from your present employer. Sue all you want -- there will be no seat in any fleet to go to. Your employment will be short-lived!

Latest resources

Back