Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Whiskerbizkit

Inside her \|/
I tried to update my app but it will not let me. Says " on file " " No attention needed " . Do they only let you update every sixs months?

I tried to update my app but it will not let me. Says " on file " " No attention needed " . Do they only let you update every sixs months?

It's their "new" system. They only care if you meet the minimums right now; they aren't doing any additional weeding out. So, it doesn't matter if you gained 100 more hours; if you were qualified when you filled out the form, you are still qualified. They aren't even looking at recs until after the computer selects you for an interview. I don't know how long that is going to last, but for now, it's first come first serve since they started the new system , regardless of qualification (as long as you meet the mins). Good luck!

av8trix, are you sure about that? About a month ago a friend of mine checked with the HR on behalf of another buddy of ours and was told that heavy experience was “highly competitive” right now. So they definitely "grade" you based on your experience and not when you happened to apply.

“…they aren't doing any additional weeding out...They aren't even looking at recs until after the computer selects you for an interview…”

He was told that computer selection is something they’ll try to get further down the road, sounded like months if not years from now. Right now its HUMANS doing the selection, computer is only collecting the data.

Is his information incorrect?

av8trix, are you sure about that? About a month ago a friend of mine checked with the HR on behalf of another buddy of ours and was told that heavy experience was “highly competitive” right now. So they definitely "grade" you based on your experience and not when you happened to apply.

Again, this is under the "new system", which started back in July-August. There are people getting calls right now with no recommendations and no real "heavy" time. I don't know who your friend talked to, but according to who I talked to, yes, your friend is wrong. Now, once you get into the interview, you are scored. But from what HR is telling me, the guys getting called for interviews are not. They are first come first serve from when they put their app in under the new system.

“Again, this is under the "new system", which started back in July-August.”

- It was the new system he was talking about, the conversation was just last month.

“There are people getting calls right now with no recommendations and no real "heavy" time.”

- He was told that right after the new application was put into effect many people without recommendations were called in for an interview. Now however, the majority have recommendations and/or heavy time.

“I don't know who your friend talked to, but according to who I talked to, yes, your friend is wrong.”

- He talked to BT and LR I believe but I'll double check.

“Now, once you get into the interview, you are scored. But from what HR is telling me, the guys getting called for interviews are not. They are first come first serve from when they put their app in under the new system.”

Hmm, interesting, he was told something totally different. You’re correct that they are scored during the interview; before they get an interview the applicants were not given “points.” However they’re actively looking for heavy experience and applicants who had that would be given extra consideration.

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting, he was told something totally different. You’re correct that they are scored during the interview; before they get an interview the applicants were not given “points.” However they’re actively looking for heavy experience and applicants who had that would be given extra consideration.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I appreciate the line by line dissection of what I've said, but I'm not going to get in an argument with you. I was just trying to answer the original question about why the apps aren't being updated. I'm done here.

LR says that right now the computer selects resumes based on criteria they put in (such as heavy time). Reccs and what not don't do squat until you hit the lottery....

There is no way it could be first come, first serve. The new system came out on August 1. I put my app in on Aug 1 at 5am. Even with a LOR, still no call. In regards to updating, you just choose the select link below the "no attention needed" to update your info.

Last edited:
WOW.......I guess you are ENTITLED to an interview!!!! When you get one - make sure you let them know that........something like "It is about TIME you interviewed me.....I put it in AUG 1 at 5 AM!!!" That should work out for ya.....

Latest resources

Back