UPS and the 380

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BIGBROWNDC8

The latest and greatest here is that we are going to get the Airbus 380. I dont have much else to go on except that a very important guy from FedEx who works tightly with Airbus passed on that UPS is getting the 380 and trying to wiggle its way into getting the "Launch Customer" title from FedEx.

Personally I hope we dont get the 380. Id rather see the 777 come to UPS. If the 777 is what the pilots group wants, you can bet we will NOT get the 777...

Anyone at FedEx or UPS hearing this as well???

Bigbrowndc8

BIGBROWNDC8 said:
The latest and greatest here is that we are going to get the Airbus 380. I dont have much else to go on except that a very important guy from FedEx who works tightly with Airbus passed on that UPS is getting the 380 and trying to wiggle its way into getting the "Launch Customer" title from FedEx.

Personally I hope we dont get the 380. Id rather see the 777 come to UPS. If the 777 is what the pilots group wants, you can bet we will NOT get the 777...

Anyone at FedEx or UPS hearing this as well???

Bigbrowndc8
I'd like to see you guys flying the 777ER-F. You guys were first with the 757/767 and hopefully first for the triple.

A380

They haven't passed this one over my desk for approval yet, so I have to say it's just a bad rumor. . . .

Goose17's Coffee

Well, on the last bid Goose17 went ahead and moved up to the right seat of the Boeing and I went to the MD-11.

I used to get suspicious, however, when he'd step to the back after pouring my coffee to "get the special creamer". . . .

First I heard about the A380, but I havn't had lunch with Fred Smith this week so I'm a bit "out of the loop" ;)

Did hear that the Zurich SIBA domicile will happen, curious how that will shake out the seniorty list (@65 Capts and 45 F/O's).

If the 777 is what the pilots group wants, you can bet we will NOT get the 777...
You guys should try a little reverse psychology. Tell UPS how badly you guys want the 380 and how horrible the 777 would be.

Latest resources

Back