Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GuppyPuppy

Living the Dream
Curious as to what the schedules are like for UPS in ANC. What are the junior guys getting? What should I expect for the second and third year?

Want to move there, but might not be able to for about 1.5 years.

Thanks for the replies.

GP

Curious as to what the schedules are like for UPS in ANC. What are the junior guys getting? What should I expect for the second and third year?

Want to move there, but might not be able to for about 1.5 years.

Thanks for the replies.

GP

short answer they suck! Regretting bidding it. most trips had 6-7 plus reports making commuting impossible.

Should improve for you guys already there as more F/Os come on line up there.Gonna really suck for the junior folks. Most are commuting from all over the USA. Good luck...

Could you be a little more specific? Are they mostly 3-day trips with out to Narita and back? I'm hoping to move to the area and would love that type of schedule.

Or, are they 12-day trips flying around the world?

What about show and release times?

Airwillydrvr...are those 6-7 reports (trips) per month or bid period?

Thanks again.

GP

Schdule

Looked at next bid package (May 20-Jul15) 41 lines. If you military one 3 day trip here is the breakdown. 2 comutes = 1 line, 3 comutes= 12 lines, 4 comutes=25 lines and 5 commutes = 3 lines. This latest bid packge is alot better then the last one. They put alot of 3 day trips back to back. They did not do this last time. 1 VTO line, 7 res lines, and 2 combo vto/fly lines. It appears, just my thoughts, that the trips were tied together (back to back) more this time and alot more had one or two days off inbetween a 3 and 5 day. So I think maybe they are trying to make it better. I sat reserve this last weekend at current company and did not fly so had many hours to look and study it. I think if the trend continues it should get alot better. Also, if you got up there you will get a line day one verses being on res a very long time in SDF, I've heard over 2 years if hiring slows and less if it continues. If you live in SDF res doesn't matter but if not thats alot of crashpad time. I've got mil buds up there and they love it, and wish they could stay. They both said they and their families were not looking forward to the assignment, but once they got up there, it got in their blood and they would like to stay. Things are about 15% more expensive, but last year each got back $900 per person in their family (oil money) and also there is no sales tax so if you do the numbers its like living down here and cheaper then living on the east or west coast. One bud moved NJ and he got more house for the money and the other from N. Cal and he said the same thing. I just think its the thoughtof moving so far away. Hell you only live once, it might as well have an adventure, you go the rest of your life to live in SDF. Hope this helps

Res lines

forgot res lines are 15 days long or a 7 and 8. Someone said they are going senior, I don't know. I don't see any crashpads up their so that could be expensive, since the cheapest one bed room rent in a crack house I could find in 655 plus utlties.

Should improve for you guys already there as more F/Os come on line up there.Gonna really suck for the junior folks. Most are commuting from all over the USA. Good luck...
I'll be bidding in the top 10 and they still suck if you don't live there.

Latest resources

Back