• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS 747-400F looking Sharp!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Too bad it's a brand new jet with 1980's technology. The MD-11 is a lot more advanced and automated and none have been made for 7 years!

Looks great. I wish we were getting them. Guess I'm stuck with my old three-holer...and the MD-11 too.

I know a guy that just came off the MD-11 at UPS. He is back on the 747 these days and liking it a lot more. He did a lot of around the world routes and did not really like the driftdown performance on the MD-11 while in the Himalayas. Apparently it is well below 29,000', so they have escape routes to keep from hitting the big piles of rocks over there. Give me 4 engines anytime.

the Boeing is a classic beauty.

I know a guy that just came off the MD-11 at UPS. He is back on the 747 these days and liking it a lot more. He did a lot of around the world routes and did not really like the driftdown performance on the MD-11 while in the Himalayas. Apparently it is well below 29,000', so they have escape routes to keep from hitting the big piles of rocks over there. Give me 4 engines anytime.

I think the escape routes on L888 are determined more by the Chinese and what parts of there country they will allow us to fly over vs. any engine out performance penalty. They are very strict about not straying off the airway.

Latest resources

Back