• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS 2 on-line assessments?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did not pass the Second Page. It shows that I have two applications now, one from 8/05 (Second Officer), and one from today (First Officer). If it happens what happened last time, I will have to contact HR to be able to continue the application process.
As of right now it just says pending, hopefully I'l b able to complete it in the next few days.

Cheers,

Has anyone gotten the call for an interview after taking the psych tests? I was hoping this was something significant.

JH,

Sorry to hear about the "thanks for trying...". That's a bummer.

Beaker,

I received an email for an assessment off a 2007 application. It wasn't a Flight Officer but a Second Officer application. I've got a few "plumbing" hours, makes no diff to me:)!

I just posted this at the other forum... :smash:

Fellow Pilots,

I just got done finishing the application.
I didn't get any phsyc test, or anything like that. I did see the international experience. I didn't know if combat experience over Iraq, and Afghanistan counts, so I didn't put it.
The only thing is that at the end, it gave the "we don't need you now" message.

At least I feel one more step closer, or more confused... :confused:

Cheers,

Hiring will be slow due to having to retrain around 180 727 crewmembers and 200+ over 60 guys that will be bidding captain seats.

Go find some traffic to play in! :rolleyes:

Can any wise people here decode this response?

The result, after attempting to access my 1/30/07 app, which I completed with all the int'l experience blocks checked, 5000 hrs, 1600 PIC, all heavy multi jet and military, 73 and 747 types:

Thank you for your continued interest in employment at UPS. This application does not require any attention at this time.

Mysterious.

Crash,

When I tried to update the application today, I got the same message...

Crash
I attended the DFW airinc conference last week for a little face time with the recruiters. The gent I spoke with said the reply you (and I) received was sent in error as part of the larger IT problem they are having. Hearing that after getting the thanks but no thanks reply was worth the price of admission alone.

russ,
did they say what the planned fix was? start over? any kind of time frame when it will be un screwed?

Keep the faith!

Hey Folks,

I don't mean to add to the confusion, but here's my story. I received the same email everyone else did in early January about the position being filled, and couldn't find the 2007 app on the web site. Well, I was called last week for an interview based off my 2006 app. After I got the call, I logged in to the application center and HR had put a 2007 app on there for me to fill out.

I never got any kind of personality assessment, just a call out of the blue (best phone call I've ever received!). I was completely shocked to get a call, now I'm just hoping the interview goes well next week. I'll let you know if I get any helpful info about the application system.

I'm a civilian with no heavy/international experience, so there's hope for everyone! I also know of several other regional guys that have interviewed recently, so definitely stay persistant. I don't know what got me the call, I just feel darn lucky to get the chance! I had several internal recs, went to a few job fairs, and updated every 2 weeks.

Good luck everyone

Jeeves
Apologies for the late reply. The UPS rep I talked to wasn't overly forthcoming with additional information with regard to the application process. The few questions I did ask about the app were answered with a bunch of dunnos. At least he was honest. He seemed to want to keep the line moving as there was easily a hundred plus guys in dark blue suits waiting to give their pitch.
For those who have made it to the 2007 application, was the psych test a part of the app, an addendum to it, or part of the interview process?

Latest resources

Back