Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Upon exit, UAL will post profits for five years!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh they will definitely be "profiatbel" ... they are going to be profiatbel up the whazoo ... the question will be whether they make any money or not.

I think the answer to that question has little to do with their business plan and everything to do with a major airline shutting down to adjust capacity to the marketplace. It doesn't really matter which one, but a major needs to go away. Once that happens the rest will recover.
As they say in medicine, it isn't always the sickest patient who dies first.

Tilton says they'll clear 1 billion per year for the next five years but there just won't be any money to pay workers' retirements. One sick motha f%ck$r...

With 50 dollar Oil alot of carriers would be more profitable.

I guess you can submit a business-plan based off of totally bogus numbers and get it approved anyway. I shoulda been a manager

Talk about suckers, you people want to come to some kind of conclusion based on a biased and inaccurate article, posted by someone who uses the word (or nonword) "profiatbel." Go to the source documents.

My guess is oil is just as likely to be $30 a barrel, as it is $50 a barrel, or $70+ a barrel over the next five years. You don't know either. What United has said is it is now much better positioned to compete in the volatile industry, and that at a certain threshold the industry will increase prices to cover jet fuel, as we have witnessed to a certain extent already. The fact is, NOBODY makes money hauling pax at $70+ a barrel oil, unless prices are adjusted.

Last edited:
Hey Dizel 8,
Don't let these guys get you down about the spelling. I am the worst "word criminal" on this board. Good post.

I think UAL will prosper again. Cheap labor, cheap leases, much less debt. Lots of people willing to line up with cash. They still have one of the best route networks.

Good luck to all at UAL. Hopefully the next 3 years will be less stressful than the last.
OTOH, I think the contracts you currently see at the legacies are the best they're ever going to get.

skykid said:
Talk about suckers, you people want to come to some kind of conclusion based on a biased and inaccurate article, posted by someone who uses the word (or nonword) "profiatbel."

Oh, grow up!

Latest resources

Back