Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Upgrading from Windows 98' on a refurb notebook?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks, i'll take all of the luck I can get. The computer should be delivered Monday. I'll report back what operating system is actually on the thing and you guys can help me get it cranking.

I dont want to pour money into this thing. It's just supposed to be a junk computer that I dont mind banging around the cabin so I can look at flightinfo.com on overnights.

BenderGonzales said:
How hard is it, by the way, to add memory to a T22? I saw on walmart.com that I could get 512MB of SDRAM for around $90.

I haven't done it myself, but I don't think its hard. I'm not sure it would be worth it though.

Well I got the computer today. It's pretty useless. Windows 98 (standard not SE). Has an ethernet PORT but no card, so I cant even hook it into my home network until I get a wireless card.

I think i'm going to eat the $45 restock fee, call it a lesson-learned, and return the computer.

Unfortunately, I got my taxes back from the accountant today too. I owe Uncle Sam some $$ so I think i'll put off buying a laptop for a while.

Oh well. Maybe next year.

Latest resources

Back