• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Upgrading (as a pax) on Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The days of the complimentary upgrade from the FA's for pilots deadheading/commercialing to work on Delta international flights are long gone. I deadhead internationally on a monthly basis, quite a bit on Delta, have tried many times wearing the uniform, bringing gifts, etc. They just won't do it anymore. Now I have had good luck on United, and any international airline, British Airways, Virgin, Gulf Air, Air India, etc. They still take care of crewmembers who must deadhead internationally for a living. Also do your self a favor and bring snacks/food,drinks, and your own headsets because the service in economy has gotten pretty bad these days...

Last edited:
You are just a normal paying passenger that happens to fly for a living. Why do you feel entitled to a free upgrade? Pay the difference if you want to upgrade. I'm sure it's a lot of money.
Its called PROFESSIONAL COURTESY. Talk to the Captain!

. Also do your self a favor and bring snacks/food,drinks, and your own headsets because the service in economy has gotten pretty bad these days...

Actually I think that the level of service has just gotten in line with the price of ticket being purchased.

Don't forget, you can still get the level of service everyone desires....you just have to pay for it. I know, with the entitlement attitude that many have, it doesn't fall in line with their way of thinking

Thanks for the replies. United has upgraded me often. Too bad I'm not flying them this time. I've never had luck with the various international airlines. And I don't feel entitled to an upgrade. That's why I suggested the "asking nicely" approach as opposed to the "demanding" approach.

Latest resources

Back