• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mushroom

It's pronounced Doo-MAH
Hello all:

Heading out of ATL to DXB in a couple of days. I'm working for an airline in the Middle East and naturally they're too cheap to buy us business class tickets. I'd really love to get out of coach for that long flight if I could. I'll be traveling in my uniform and will have my company ID on me. Other than the standard "ask the gate agent or cabin crew nicely" method, anyone have any advice on getting a seat in business if one is available? Thanks for any help.

Use miles or pay the upgrade fee.

We have been making it a policy to not give those seats away. We have realized that doing so costs us money as people learn to expect it and do not pay for it.

upgrades are not given less than 24 hours prior to departure. Yes, they can be purchased within 24 hours.

Delta won't sell upgrades on unused seats at the gate? Why would that be?

They will domestically, but we realized that everyone realized that it was cheaper to wait until the last minute to get a First Class seat. No one was buying them at the time of purchase. We have stopped giving discounted upgrades.

It is good from the crew perspective because you will get first as a non-rev, and if you are working the flight you will get a good meal.

Hello all:

Heading out of ATL to DXB in a couple of days. I'm working for an airline in the Middle East and naturally they're too cheap to buy us business class tickets. I'd really love to get out of coach for that long flight if I could. I'll be traveling in my uniform and will have my company ID on me. Other than the standard "ask the gate agent or cabin crew nicely" method, anyone have any advice on getting a seat in business if one is available? Thanks for any help.

Don't bother. Travel in your "civvies" and get your one free cocktail at least!

Being homebased, my airline buys us tickets to get to work. I have quite a few miles on Delta and am rarely upgraded. So, Good Luck!

They will upgrade the solders before they look at "regular Joes" on the ATL-DXB flight. There is nothing wrong with that, but I'm just telling you how it is.

Hello all:

You are just a normal paying passenger that happens to fly for a living. Why do you feel entitled to a free upgrade? Pay the difference if you want to upgrade. I'm sure it's a lot of money.

Latest resources

Back