Upgrade times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actual Skywest upgrade times...

Skywest's latest award in the CRJ is just about 2 years (hire date 2/3/03, but actual class dates are scheduled for end of march) and the next award will actually be under 2 years due to the way hiring occured. The Brasilia has gone to less than 1 year (2/2/04) (and yes I can add, but this awrded class was in Dec 04 ground school making it 10 months.). I don't know how long this will last, but we are still in full hiring mode, and we are desperately short on CA's.

Yogi

So you don't see them ordering any of the options?

According to the web-site they have 21 XR's coming this year and 8 in 2006. After that is anybody's guess.......

ILStoMinimums said:
So you don't see them ordering any of the options?

According to the web-site they have 21 XR's coming this year and 8 in 2006. After that is anybody's guess.......

That's to get us up to 274, and that's the way it will be for a looong time!

Captain Overs said:
That's because no one wants to work at Colgan.

It's not that bad. Quick upgrade, little reserve, lots of bases. But no work rules, cultural issues at the top, etc.

Working at Colgan definitely beats being an FO for 6 years on a Saab. And then having a crappy schedule as a captain for the next few years. Unless, of course, you are resigned to Mesaba/Eagle as the final stop in your aviation career. Which if it floats your boat, great.

Hi!

We're at about 1 year. In approx. the past 10 years, the longest upgrade has been about 3.5 years, with the shortest about 6 weeks. I was at 2 years, due to a more difficult economic situation and my relatively lower time (we need 3000 TT to upgrade).

Starting base pay for a Falcon 20 FO is $33K. We get 10 hard days off in a 28 day bed cycle.

Cliff
USA Jet Airlines

Latest resources

Back