Upgrade times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DogBoy

I was interested in hearing from anybody who has recently upgraded at a regional carrier about the amount of time that it took for them to upgrade

I know SkyWest is running about 2.5-3 years for the EMB120 and about 4 years for the RJ. (I could be a little off though).

If you look on www.airlinepilotpay.com, some airline payscales have "Most junior captain hired (date)." That should give you a bit of an idea.

6 years and getting longer every month at American Eagle and thats just for the Saab in LAX the most junior airplane

XJT is running around 4yrs. I've been told by crew planning that soon, the recenlty recalled pilots(myself included) will be upgrading. Around 2 yrs longevity. But don't forget the 27 month furlough.

Rudder120 said:
XJT is running around 4yrs. I've been told by crew planning that soon, the recenlty recalled pilots(myself included) will be upgrading. Around 2 yrs longevity. But don't forget the 27 month furlough.

I would be skeptical of that number. Crew planning likes to pump up the new guys. My buddy there was also told after 9-11 that he wouldn't be downgraded by flowbacks because of all the money they spent on his upgrade. Guess what?? Another 3 years in the right seat after 1 month as a CA. They are losing a lot to go back to CAL, but I don't think they are expanding that much.

Horizon is running at 5 1/2 years into the Q200 (most junior). That will be increasing to over 6 after April.

Latest resources

Back