• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

upgrade times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It all ways seem to me the ones that "catch" the quick upgrade do it unknowingly. They go to a airline just for the job not thinking much will happen then the next thing they are captains. People that hear about quick upgrades and then try to jump ship always show up late and sit as FO's for years. It is just kinda luck I guess.

This is the most correct answer in my opinion. All of the quick upgrades I have ever talked to with the exception of street captains sort of fell into it. If you talk to the guys/gals who play "musical regionals" which includes myself, we all thought the grass was greener. Just go to the one that suits you the best, trust me. Look at all of the credentials I've racked up on the sidebar below my avatar, then look and see I'm still an F/O. If that's not a testament, I don't know what is. If there's one thing I know well, it's screwing up. Good luck!

Last edited:
Get a job anywhere you can. Get some turbine time, then pick a better regional to work for. The best you can hope for is right seat in an RJ and $40 an hour after a few years. Upgrades are on hold everywhere.

Hasn't the last 5 years taught you anything? 1000 hrs PIC doesn't mean dick anymore.

Go to the place that has the least ********************tiest QOL (factoring in upgrade times a little bit). You don't want to get stuck at the wrong place for a long time.

I think he's implying that Colgan is an unsafe operation. Looking at their fatigue policy, I agree with him.

It is only as unsafe as the individual allows it to be... same could be said for any air carrier that has had an accident/incident in the past ten years. Skywest, Pinnacle, Trans States, Continental, American, Comair, and I am sure I am missing some.... that fatigue policy was recinded very shortly after its publication. Any person who abuses fatigue calls, regardless of company, is not a professional and any pilot who can't put their foot down to ensure safety to the best of their ability has no business flying the traveling public.

Colgan is not unsafe... it is an airline that mistreats its employees and gets away with lying to congress... is that unsafe? No. Unethical? You bet.

Hey Belliot. You are an idiot.

PS I'd like to see the SKYW or CAL fatigue related fatal accidents please.

It is only as unsafe as the individual allows it to be... same could be said for any air carrier that has had an accident/incident in the past ten years. Skywest, Pinnacle, Trans States, Continental, American, Comair, and I am sure I am missing some.... that fatigue policy was recinded very shortly after its publication. Any person who abuses fatigue calls, regardless of company, is not a professional and any pilot who can't put their foot down to ensure safety to the best of their ability has no business flying the traveling public.

Colgan is not unsafe... it is an airline that mistreats its employees and gets away with lying to congress... is that unsafe? No. Unethical? You bet.

What did you type? I understand it I don't.

And did your teacher never did she tell you that double negatives never you use in a sentence?

Colgan safe is it or not?

What did you type? I understand it I don't.

And did your teacher never did she tell you that double negatives never you use in a sentence?

Colgan safe is it or not?

My response is clear, concise, and gramatically correct. If you can't make heads or tails of it that is not my issue.

Latest resources

Back