• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Upgrade time at Chautauqua?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Much longer then 2 years. There has been very few upgrades at all in the last 6 months. I would say 4 years +.

Only reason for the slowdown has been the integration of the Saab pilots and the MDA guys lately with VERY limited sim slots to go around.

It will pick up again..

I love it when someone that has NO clue renders idiotic opinions (Kingairer).
Upgrades at RAH have been continuous. The slowdown/complete stop is in the area of newhires. Remember, about 90 SF3 guys and 150 JFJ guys have to go through training. That's all on the E170 side. That takes a lot of time with only two sims. (150 JFJ if they all take it, 75 capt slots will go, but fo slots, don't know.)
On the 50 seat side, there was a bid award about a month ago for about 10 capts.

Last edited:
Gosh it's been a while since someone decided to start a "How long is the upgrade time at...." thread.

EVEN IF the upgrade tie at Chautauqua is currently 2 years -- how long do you suppose it will be two years FROM NOW?

Think of all of the changes that have occured in the industry over the last two years. Nothing will stand-still over the NEXT couple of years while waiting for you to upgrade.

But I could sell you this crystal-ball...on Ebay right now for a mere $199.99...

BenderGonzales said:
Gosh it's been a while since someone decided to start a "How long is the upgrade time at...." thread.

EVEN IF the upgrade tie at Chautauqua is currently 2 years -- how long do you suppose it will be two years FROM NOW?

Think of all of the changes that have occured in the industry over the last two years. Nothing will stand-still over the NEXT couple of years while waiting for you to upgrade.

But I could sell you this crystal-ball...on Ebay right now for a mere $199.99...

Very true but 2-3 years ago on this very board people were saying no way in hell CHQ could keep up with the short upgrade time. Well, they have, for whatever flamebait reason. Like I said 2-3 years ago though, things can change on a dime.

Four plus years is about right. Given we have 1400 pilots now a new hire would make captain when either the list grows to 2800 or 700 pilots leave (present rate is about 4-6 a month) assuming a 50/50 split.

145/135 reductions will take any new growth in the 170 as displaced CA bid over. Overall the fleet size is growing but it will not double in two years given the 50 seat reductions.

Latest resources

Back