Upgrade at Air Wisconsin?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dude100

Anyone know how long the upgrades are at Air Whiskey? I know they are upgrading due to attrition. Also, how is the airline doing now? Do they have anything else going on besides US Air? Any info. would be great. Thanks!

Current junior upgrade is slightly less than three years on property, with no upgrades in the last 4 months or so. Attrition was slow over the holidays but is starting to pick back up again, subject to events of the next 2-4 weeks.

The airline is doing okay, steady at 70 airplanes for Airways for now. Management made a killing off their investment in US Airways, but couldn't secure an RFP for incremental growth in its home state with Midwest Airlines. If anything is/was cooking with another airline, we'd be the last to know.

Less than a week to go before finding out the "remedy" for our contract arbitration victory. For background, search the "Air Wisconsin Pilots Win!" thread. Stuff should start happening one way or another after that whole thing gets settled.

I've heard first-hand just how "aggressive" the bid to United was, both on 50 and 70 seat aircraft...and the subsequent conspiracy theories to how that relates to the arbitration decision.

My expectations for that are right where they should be - zero.

I've heard first-hand just how "aggressive" the bid to United was, both on 50 and 70 seat aircraft...and the subsequent conspiracy theories to how that relates to the arbitration decision.

My expectations for that are right where they should be - zero.

Same here.... if you have low expectations you can't be disappointed :) I don't expect to win any flying, and as for the arbitration---who knows what will happen? The next few weeks should tell!

Personally, I don't expect we'll hear anything substantial concering the arbitration at the end of 14 days. It will be more weeks of limbo, more letters about "he can take as long as he wants to make a decision".

All this while they announce that we won United flying, but it will be out of IAD, with a combined domicile. But there will be a "possibility of an ORD base in the future".

Somehow the carrot is always in the same spot....

Less than a week to go before finding out the "remedy" for our contract arbitration victory. For background, search the "Air Wisconsin Pilots Win!" thread. Stuff should start happening one way or another after that whole thing gets settled.

Hey Boiler, hate to throw a wrench in things but that 14 days didn't start until this past friday. Not the one before when the draft letter came out. Soooo... we will wait a bit longer. Sorry. That's just what I hear.

Hey Boiler, hate to throw a wrench in things but that 14 days didn't start until this past friday. Not the one before when the draft letter came out. Soooo... we will wait a bit longer. Sorry. That's just what I hear.

Yeah, I made that post prior to the blastmail Sunday afternoon...

Personally, I don't expect we'll hear anything substantial concering the arbitration at the end of 14 days. It will be more weeks of limbo, more letters about "he can take as long as he wants to make a decision".

All this while they announce that we won United flying, but it will be out of IAD, with a combined domicile. But there will be a "possibility of an ORD base in the future".

Somehow the carrot is always in the same spot....

Its no secret that it would most likely be Dulles flying if they got any, it keeps the cost low... and Dulles is an easier commute for the vast majority of people then PHL... read NO 11pm RJ bank. Anyways, we don't have a shot in hell at it... so who cares anyways.

What do you mean it's no secret that it's Dulles flying? The whole freekin' thing is a secret. Did they let a bit of info slip into your lap suddenly?

Latest resources

Back