• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Updated SWA New Hire info.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New hires be prepared to write a few checks the first week of training as well. Expenses that I was not aware of:

Uniform $225
Leather Jacket (optional) $385
Flashlight ???
Cockpit companion (optional) $45
Party for next class $40
Donation to present to Colleen $37 (usually to Ronald McDonald House)
molded ear piece for headset (optional) $85

I bought a leather Jacket so I had just over $800 in expenses the first few weeks. Of course it can be well under $400 if you choose not to purchase the optional equipment.
Good luck and welcome aboard.

Just as a foot note on the leather jacket:

If you have a Perrone from your previous job, it can most likely be converted to SWA spec. If I remember the conversion price from Perrone was $75 or so, and they send your old embroidered liner back as a keepsake.

As for party for the next class...try more like $100. You need to throw a good party, not the min to save money. People before you spend a good dime to show you a great party not just for the new class but for everyone there. The party sets the tone for the rest of training.

All true regarding the $$$. If you pay up front for the leather you do not pay any sales tax on it and save 8%. Uniform pieces you can payroll deduct and no savings paying for it up front.
Just be aware that there are some expenses first couple of weeks.
Once again, welcome aboard and have fun during training.

How bout you guys helping out the old SWA/FO from all the injustice on flightinfo.com? Where are my SWAPA brothers when I need them?

Peace out....

How bout you guys helping out the old SWA/FO from all the injustice on flightinfo.com? Where are my SWAPA brothers when I need them?

Peace out....
I can't be your brother (you know why ;) ) but I am on your side. You got the best sense of humor here on FI.
Peace out....brother

I was 2g every two weeks untill they took the advance out on the third paycheck.

2 geez? That's four grand a month. Seriously? I got around 1700 a month at jb (after the taxes and exorbitantly priced healthcare, or as I like to call it, my "401k substitute").

Latest resources

Back