• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Update on RAH in HI...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's going to be mokulele airlines. Friend of mine works there and hinted to me something about this!

hasn't it already been proven that the islands can only support 2 carriers?

What is with our inherent ego-driven capitalistic corporate raiders that think they can just start an airline when there's already 200 airlines around?

The industry was so much better when there were just 8 of the around. Isn't 8 enough of a choice?

The owner at mokulele has always wanted bigger planes, and he already has a couple of them sitting somewhere. The only reason that they need RAH is because Mokulele only has a 135 cert.

Beware RAH pilots when he does get the 121 cert done he won't need you guys anymore. Just a heads up!

Hawaiian's loads are down, go! is barely 10 percent of the market with light loads. Clearly, the jets are losing money. If Mokulele smells blood with Mesa on the ropes, they could try a interisland operation, but it's a rough time to start an airline and even if it were to get ALL of go!'s business, there is no way that operation would work.

Hawaiian has successfully resisted outsourcing it's interisland operations and will fight it to the death so where are the pax going to come from?

Hawaiian's loads are down, go! is barely 10 percent of the market with light loads. Clearly, the jets are losing money. If Mokulele smells blood with Mesa on the ropes, they could try a interisland operation, but it's a rough time to start an airline and even if it were to get ALL of go!'s business, there is no way that operation would work.

Hawaiian has successfully resisted outsourcing it's interisland operations and will fight it to the death so where are the pax going to come from?

So why is Hawaiian flying 767s interisland? I don't think they would do that with light loads. They were flying 2-4 flights a day from OGG to HNL, and they were not connections to or from the mainland.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So why is Hawaiian flying 767s interisland? I don't think they would do that with light loads. They were flying 2-4 flights a day from OGG to HNL, and they were not connections to or from the mainland.

Bye Bye--General Lee

My understanding is they stopped that. They only flew the 767 to Maui to preserve market share until their 717's arrived but the slow down in tourism halted the need for that. They also added service for another 767 to the mainland - Oakland I think.

The first 717 should be online soon unless it's already flying and the remainder should arrive before the end of the year.

The costs of flying the 767 to and from OGG must have been huge.

Last edited:
Anyone hear any rumors about Allegiant joining the Hawaii market. A friend of mine at Allegiant came up with that one.

Latest resources

Back