Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
typhoonpilot:

It is a good thing that Emirates has a
"no sexual preference hiring policy" or you would still be stateside....By the way, how is hubby?

Last edited:
Mikey:

The policy is no women, but that is the way it is in this part of the world.

Emily is joining me on the 9th. I think saying I would get her a Mercedes ( second hand mind you ) was the deciding factor.

Ciao,

Typhoonpilot

P.S. The 777 is way cool to fly. Not too different from the MD-90 EFD except it sits a bit higher.

Comair guy:

Smart move.

I know one thing that might stop hiring at CX---SARS--(The Flu like sickness) The US Government has been issuing warnings to Americans who want to go to Hong Kong. Hong Kong has lost 90% of the tourists who come in on tours. This will not help them and could send Asia into another recession. After the War in Iraq is over, I would suggest trying to get an interview with Emirates
instead.

Bye Bye---General Lee:rolleyes: ;) :p

I don't know what the Ifalpa ban will have on your further career. Most Eastern guys got a job somewhere else, so I guess if you leave CX someone will pick you up somewhere. US employers sometimes treat their employees very bad too: furloughing the most senior guys (with the intent of never hiring them back) and then hiring new (lower paid) guys, or furloughing and only recall the ones they like, combined with hiring new guys, firing people the day before their probation is over and they are eligible to join the union. Or just shutting down the company as soon as there is talk about getting a union, or firing people who are in favor of getting a union. I can give you names of companies for every single incident above. So what makes CX different? Well they got a union. Everything else comes right out of the text book american business 101

If you feel like having to run from ALPA and IFALPA for the rest of your airline career, then go ahead and do it. Just ask any of the Eastern guys that had to spread themselves all over the globe to find work. Even intl. guys gave all the EAL guys who went overseas a hard time. More risk than reward if you ask me.

Just my .02

--03M

Latest resources

Back