Update on Cathay Pacific?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aa717driver:

Don't wait until you hit the street to apply to Emirates. It took me 37 weeks to get an interview and another 12 until I got a class.

They are really just testing the waters with selected Americans right now. The secret to getting an interview is having dual citizenship or having worked overseas before. Although a spouse with overseas life experience has helped one guy from TWA get an interview. The other really helpful thing is current in A-320, A-330, B-777, B-767/757, and/or B-737 EFIS/NG.

Some years back some of the Eastern pilots who worked here left a bad taste at Emirates for American pilots. There are now only four of us here and one more on his way. Hopefully we can help smooth over the bad feelings from the past and that will lead Emirates recruitment to try guys who haven't worked overseas before.

If you really are interested they require resignation of your number and I highly recommend getting the app in now. We are at 46 airplanes now with 103 to 107 due by 2010 and then another 30 percent increase by 2013. Watch the Paris Airshow for a big announcement.

Typhoonpilot

It is true that Cathay love to hire Canadian pilots, but they DO regularly hire flight instructors, not just bush pilots. Many directly from flight schools.

An American is very unlikely to get an upgrade at CX. Americans are not liked very well in the company. If they don't like someone, they will simply do one of a couple things.
GCD, I assume you work for CX?

Hey Dieterly,

I don't know what you think your point is, but anyone who has flown up and down the China coast knows this, as hearing it from the guys at CX.

Have you flown the China coast? I thought not.

Last edited:
High time major guys at CX

AA717driver: I know of a current UAL pilot (soon to be furloughed) that has interviewed at CX. He is a former F15 pilot and flew the 747 and an Airbus for UAL. I don't know his total time--4000 hours might be a safe guess.

Isn't CX still under saction by the IALPA? In the flying I've done in the far east, I've heard nothing but very bad things about working for them.

Re: I should keep my mouth shut, but....

mar said:
...the 49er's are never getting their job back. It sucks; I'm sympathetic; what CX did was wrong but I'm realistic.

I just interviewed with CX.

If you have any questions PM me.

Peace.

Ya the 49ers will never get their jobs back because scabs like you keep aplying. What dont you get about this?

Latest resources

Back