• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unusual airline call signs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
don't forget "IMPACT", C17's out of charlie south I believe. Always thought that was funny for an airplane callsign

Charleston airdrop lines outside of the local area will occasionally use the "BASCO" callsign. Rumor is that it stands for "Bad-A$$ South Carolina Operator" Pretty gay if it's true.

My old Army reserve unit (ch-47) was the hookers. We even tried a t-shirt with a scantilly clad gal with a Chinook in the background but it got nixed.

Fort Lewis, right? The Hookers nearly killed me one time at the Abbotsford Air Show. They were putting on a demo when one of them hit the forward rotor on the ground, tearing off a 4 foot chunk and sending it into the crowd about 20 feet to my right. Took out a display tent, but no one was hurt, except for the guy who got a bloody nose when the rotor chunk sailed under his arm, causing him to faint and smack his head on the pavement. Shut down the air show while they got a crane and a truck to remove the Chinook. Bet that guy got some serious ribbing on the way home...

Latest resources

Back