• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unusual airline call signs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...no it wasn't. It was out of MCO, which is where Valujet moved their HQ to after the merger with and name change to Air Tran.

PHXFLYR

...no it wasn't. It was out of MCO, which is where Valujet moved their HQ to after the merger with and name change to Air Tran.

PHXFLYR

ok francis, a very senior CA, top 20 gave me one of his original business cards with the original logo and it has a FLL address on it, maybe it was just a base then, at that time, they only had a couple 737's.

springbok is south african... I think it's a native bird down there.

I never quite figured out why Pinnacle's was flagship... I think one of their previous owners was involved with american.

Springboks, the world champion Rugby team!

ok francis, a very senior CA, top 20 gave me one of his original business cards with the original logo and it has a FLL address on it, maybe it was just a base then, at that time, they only had a couple 737's.

They had 9 or 10 737-200s that were based out of MCO. Their whole business plan was having 1 flight a day from an outstation to MCO. They were based in MCO. I flew them. We never went anywhere near FLL.

They had 9 or 10 737-200s that were based out of MCO. Their whole business plan was having 1 flight a day from an outstation to MCO. They were based in MCO. I flew them. We never went anywhere near FLL.

ok cool.

anyway, I like to say, "Connie"

Fine Air outta MIA was called "Big F"...They were bought out by Arrow Air whose call sign was "Big A".

I always thought the new call sign should be "Big F***in A".

On a serious note, the should be some type of "Truth in company name" law or legislation. Don't be calling yourself "Fine Air" or "Rich Air" when you are anything but.

Hey FDF, are you talking about Rich International that was out of MIA back in early-mid 90's? Wow, had not thought about them in a long time.

Latest resources

Back