• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unted Continental Holdings 3rd Quarter Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P.S. I sincerely apologize for not starting a thread involving the AirTran/Southwest merger. Moderators, feel free to remove.

Jeff Sismek Daily Itinerary 10/27

1) Throw up a huge number due to inheriting two labor forces working for
BK wages.

2) Tell everyone on conference call that the merger is a unmitigated
success by emphasizing how many planes have been painted.

3) Tell stooges in Flights Ops to remind line pilots they will not take in
profit sharing this year.

4) Throw feet up on desk and light up a cohiba by 2 pm

5) Reflect that you'll be long gone with a fat pot of gold by the time all
the problems your management clowns junk the airline.

It's good to be Jeff

Jeff Sismek Daily Itinerary 10/27

3) Tell stooges in Flights Ops to remind line pilots they will not take in profit sharing this year.

UAL pilots get profit sharing. All FAs at both companies get profit sharing. All members of flight ops get profit sharing with one exception.

In fact, of all the employee groups and 80,000 co-workers at two companies merged into one, CAL pilots alone have selflessly agreed to help Jeff by foregoing any profit sharing until the JCBA is done in three+ years.

Last edited:
UAL pilots get profit sharing. All FAs at both companies get profit sharing. All members of flight ops get profit sharing with one exception.

In fact, of all the employee groups and 80,000 co-workers at two companies merged into one, CAL pilots alone have selflessly agreed to help Jeff by foregoing any profit sharing until the JCBA is done in three+ years.

And hopefully the list grows with those looking to FUND THEIR OWN FUTURE.

As a CAL pilot who will not be getting any profit sharing thats just 773 million reason why I refuse to do anything that saves the company money. cost indexing, shutting down the APU at gate, talking captains out of single engine taxing and starting the APU the moment I arrive at the aircraft. I would encourage all CAL pilots to do the same. Where's my motivation save money?

"If I bust my ass and Inotech moves a few extra units, I dont see another dime. So where's the motivation?"

Also, thanks ALPA for being short sighted enough to NOT include profit sharing in the TPA. I just have love for this ******************** hole all around.

Last edited:
Already 242 million in the profit sharing pot after the first 3 quarters nice job cal alpa leaving us out of that one.

Man, I wonder what my profit sharing check is gonna be!!!????? Oh ya....nothing.

First of all, I'm livid about this. It's was explained to us at the last IAH meeting that the United pilots have it in their CBA. The Transition Agreement gave the CAL pilots 2010 profit sharing whereas we weren't gonna get anything. CALALPA tried and failed to get the company to pay for profit sharing for CAL pilots for 2011. So, in their eyes, at least we got 1 yr. CALALPA assumed that we'd have a contract by now with profit sharing. I'm furious about this. Assumed??? WTF, since when to we assume anything!!!! So, from what I hear, they're working on getting us this profit sharing through higher payouts in retro or signing bonuses. We'll see.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back