• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heat

Former SWA Paddler
Fellow Poolies and interested parties,

I've submitted the latest update to our unofficial SWA pool. Should be a couple day turn to get it posted. It's not updated on this site yet, but keep checking back during the next couple of days. While working the updated list, I ran some numbers out of curiousity and felt I should share them with the rest of you.

Let me first caveat the results by saying that I'm no math major, these numbers are for entertainment purposes only and do not necessarily reflect reality. SWA, FlightInfo.com, and the PoolKeeper cannot be held liable for resources gained or lost due to decisions made from the following info... i.e., don't blame anyone if this doesn't pan out - it's just good clean fun!

The names and numbers are for 2004 transactions only. How many people do we cross off the unofficial pool list to fill a class? For the class in January, we crossed 12 folks off our list to fill a class size of 20 people. March 1st crossed out 11 for 24 person class, March 15th was 15 for 24, and the latest class of March 29th x'd 14 for 24. That averages about 57% of the people who have filled each class this year was crossed off of our unofficial pool list. For the classes in March only (24 person classes), the average ran about 54% or 13 names crossed off our list for a 24 person class.

When names are x'd out after receiving the call to class, it's not straight down the list, one number after the other. Folks get skipped due to a variety of reasons. This year, approx. 74% of the names on our list have received the call to start class. That means that it has taken about 18 people from our list to make up the 13 from our list who ultimately go to class. ... you see where I'm going with this, right?

Soooo, what class might YOU be in? I applied the results above and took a stab at when I might be standing on SWA soil. The pool numbers below are for the updated list that hasn't been posted yet (the new list will read "Updated: March 12, 2004"... I think you're gonna like it!). The class numbers below represents the running total for 2004, and the class dates are POTENTIAL class start dates -- these dates are not factual -- just a WAG. Please don't hold anyone accountable for them. Here goes...

Pool numbers 19-36: Class # 5 on 12 Apr
37-54: #6 on 26 Apr
55-72: #7 on 10 May
73-90: #8 on 24 May
91-108:#9 on 7 Jun

Again, this is just me sharing some info I found to be interesting. Your thoughts?

The latest pool update should hit the site in a couple days. Congratulations to all the folks who have been called up so far this year. The folks in the pool think about those of you flying the line and who are going through training every day. Best of luck to the poolies waiting for the "Big" ring, to those getting the nod to interview, and to the folks who've made the decision to apply. It's been a long, worthwhile wait.

Heat

Heat,
Do you know what happened with #s 1 -18? Did they get a call and turn down SWA or were they unavailable for training due to other commitments (military)? Thanks for the updated list. CU you in Dallas.

EL

Pitchfork is in the 15 Mar class, according to an earlier post.

Heat, you da man.

Peace,
DP

Last edited:
You Do Great Work

Thank You for updating the list. 74 looks a lot better than 129. I think I can see some light coming through the end of the tunnel. I will have to tell my boss at Mickey D's that I am getting short. By the way if you're at MD would you like fries with your burger. There on me.

Still Searching...

EL... to answer your question, I've made PM'd each of the user names who appeared to have been "lapped", and have updated the list relative to the replies I get. I don't have any information on the names who appear to be in limbo. If any of you know the current status of these folks, please take a minute and PM me. As with all info I get on a member of this site, I'll ensure I get the info directly from the member before making a change to the site.

So, short answer is No, or I've been unable to positively confirm the information.

DP, thanks for the update.

Heat

Thanks

To the remaining poolies,

You all deserve a big thanks for hanging in the deep in for such a long time. No one would've guessed it would've taken so long to drain it but most of you (& most importantly your families) have stood by you & supported your crazy idea to stay with something that has taken so long to achieve. If you haven't said thank you to those family members lately please do. Just as all of us who are at SWA need to thank you for still being there to fill the needed slots we have coming open. Soon you will be among those & remember, SWA is still looking for good folks. If you know of some, please have them apply for soon you will be in the same position that I & others are in...the ability to help those on the outside to come inside...the key word here is help. Make sure you choose wisely & choose the folks you think will be a good fit into the culture of SWA.

Again, thanks for your patience & your dedication to your goal. We'll see ALL of you soon in DAL. Have a great weekend.

Heat's prediction of 19 - 36 for the 12 Apr class looks to be right on. So far the highest number from the unofficial pool to be called for the 12 Apr class is #35. Well done on the math! Looks like 10 May for me.

Same here....

Heat,

Nice job with the math! You must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before. When I talked to LL a couple of weeks ago, her math was that I "could" be in the first class in June or as early as the second class in May (if I was lucky). No guarantees. I am # 95 on the unofficial list. Once again, thanks for all your work.

Latest resources

Back