Unofficial SWA Hiring Mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whatever...

Lufthansa...thanks for taking a few minutes away from diligently watching your favorite Sheisse films to bless us with anti-american rhetoric...and that's all it is. I know a few people like you who think that somehow "keeping it real" makes you some sort of courageous, (pseudo)intellectual...when in fact I think your anti-american, politically correct, western european a$$ would be hard pressed to call the sweat shop laborers in Indonesia "whores" because they work for two dollars a day. When, in fact we all know(or maybe most, some or none) that our employment situation in every country is driven by supply and demand. No, my little scheisse liebe...it's just a strike out against americans. That having been said, you made some EXCELLENT points in your thread that we all acknowledge...but attaching "whore" to every line makes you neither courageous, nor smart...I think it just makes you either: a stupid a-hole, or an a-hole with big cojones(or some combination thereof). BUT, I enjoy threads like yours, because they make the often mundane search for useful information on this website infinitely more entertaining...so, in the end...THANKS.

As far as civ vs. mil goes...I think the argument itself is more human nature than factual. In reality, even within the military there is infighting, as to who is the best, between fighter pilots, bomber pilots, and transport pilots. I don't think that really there is necessarilly anyone better than the other overall. Fighters espouse themselves as the "do it alone" champions, when in fact they always have a SOF in the tower to read the books for them(ala flight engineer), and a wingman to back them up in every phase of flight(ala co-pilot). And a fighter pilot flying an ILS to mins can sometimes be an EP. Due to their training/environment, I feel their level of in cockpit cognition is far quicker, and more comprenhensive than heavy pilots.

But, then you have the heavy pilots who espouse themselves as CRM champions, when in fact, I have some buddies who are fighter pilots, who could in one day run a crew better than some of the heavy types who have been doing it for 20 years... Then of course, within the heavy community, you have a lot of bitter enlisted crew members who think the officers are overrated...and why? It's all because of decisions we make in life. Some heavy guys are just jealous of the fighter dudes...but, really it goes back to their decisions in pilot training not to work hard, and fart around instead. Some of us heavy types actually had the choice between heavy and fighter, and wanted to fly heavy. Some civilian guys are jealous of the military types because of the experiences they got that set them apart. Some military types are jealous of civilians because they don't make as much smack, and don't get to chase FA's around...it's all about decisions.

Ahhhh...there is so much more to discuss, but I am off to watch NCAA football...thanks for the responses on the original thread I posted, regarding unofficial SWA hiring mins...I sounds like I should have 1600 PIC hours before I get a 737 type rating.

Latest resources

Back