• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unnecessary verbage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pet peeve of mine also. Thought I'd add a few.
ATC says " delta 123 say your mach #" Pro pilot answers ".78" delta answers " and uh. Delta 123 indicating Mach decimal uh 78 currently , what do you need for deltas 123?"

On the meter
Got em on tcas ( or worse ) on the fish finder
Ready in sequence
Diagonal
At this time
Anyone in the pattern please advise
What do you need
Pilots that start every xmit with " and "
Flash coming at ya
Etc
Etc

Bro you just got me totally spun up. Those drive me f'n insane. "with you" and "aaand" take the cake for me. We have alot of airforce guys here OCONUS who love to do a cool sounding "SEEE YAAA" and I want to choke them. I politely correct my guys who come fly with us and tell them to read the AIM sometime :)

"Delter" is one that cracks me up. Makes me think of "I gotta drop a delter".

On the flip side, some responses are short and to the point, albeit not exactly in the p/c glossary. I heard a guy asked to expedite crossing a runway due to traffic on short final. His response was an emphatic "giddy up".

Aaaand

Its "Three triple ZERO" guys. C'mon. :eek:

N123 alpha delta with GOLF to Charlotte. N123AD cleared to Charlotte Umpty ump etc, squawk 1234 and GOLF is current. Grr I told you I had Golf. "N123AD squawk 1234." N123AD squawk readback correct, contact ground for taxi. Do you have Golf?

Controller that says "Y'all have a nice rest of the day" seriously wasting airtime. I love it when its blocked or crew misses the call and she repeats the entire diatribe over again. :D

It's the macho world of professional piloting. Some pilots, especially airline pilots ,talk with slurred speech as if they're drunk or have a mouth full of food. I was listening to controllers at BWI instructing a Southwest Airlines pilot to contact Potomac departure after they took off. The pilot never read back the ATC instruction. The controller repeated the instructions, but SWA pilots never responded. I guess there are some airline pilots who believe they don't have to play by the rules and have somewhat of a God complex when operating an aircraft.

Latest resources

Back