• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unlimited Jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At Era Aviation we still will take as many as weigh and seats permit. In fact I did a flight the other day with 3 revenue, 4 non-revs and a jumpseater. Cant offer you a business seat though :D

The last I heard post 9/11 was that AWAC only allowed 2 jumpseaters in back (offline). That may have changed but I haven't heard anything about it and I keep my nose in things.

Delta Connection

ifly4food...i don't know what the reason for this policy is. according to a message from a ground instructor on our ALPA message board, the intent is partly due to comair's desire to mirror big daddy delta and their policies. i have not jumpseated on delta, i don't specifically know but have been told they only allow jumpseaters equal to the number of jumpseats on the aircraft, whether those jumpseats are occupied or not. do you know different?

obviously there is a big difference between DAL and it's connection carriers, including the wholly-owned. let's hope it gets clarified soon, with positive results.

Yeah... Delta only takes as many as there are cockpit seats. I guess I've been doing too many standups lately! :rolleyes: I couldn't even tell you what day of the week it is, so I guess I'm a little unreliable for nformation right now.

I can see Comair trying to move toward Delta's policies. ASA is moving in that direction too, especially after our contract is settled. I think Sieb's departure will increase this trend.

Northwest Airlines

Northwest allows 2 company and 2 non company.

But be careful of the gate agents though, some of them are nuckleheads and will tell you that the flight is full when there are still 2 cockpit jumpseats available, and there are pilots who could easily go upfront. Be friendly to the Northwest pilots so they will want to give you there seat in the cabin.

In my jumpseat experience on NW, I've had to remind the gate agents EVERY TIME that they can now take 2. Once I even had to grab a NW pilot to prove it for me. Usually when they figure it out I get a "oh yeah" or some half hearted excuse. It's like they know but don't want to let us have it. According to the same agents, all jumpseaters now get "random" searches too (it's not really random if everyone gets one is it?), so be ready to get harassed by the agents if you jump Northwest.

Northwest jumpseating,

Also depends on where you are jumping out of. Out of the hubs the agents seem to know a lot more about the current policy, but not always. I carry a copy of the bulletin around with me so that I can show those agents who still don't know or are confused. But you are right, the dissemination of this info to the gate agents is apparently last on the priority list at Northwest. Always have a great time jumping on them however. No big complaints and they are my primary way to get to work. Thanks Northwest.

I agree...Northwest has always given me a great ride to and from work...great people.

Also, Horizon Air will fill the plane with offline jumpseaters....

TF

I always get a great ride on NWA, yeah right. They treat everyone good, except for those of us that fly with a red tail. I always try to jump on other carriers. If it's not the gate agents, then the FA's treat us like crap. The pilots on NWA are the only ones nice to us

I was jumping home the other day, said hi to the lead. She said "OH Mesaba we don't like you poeple!"

Fly on our airline on a positioning flight and we can take 173. The only problem is that you will have to self-brief and make your own coffee. The reason being that you'll have 5 F/A's that are very upset as they won't be able to sleep. So much for those exciting positioning legs with a big airplane.

Latest resources

Back