• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United's Confidential Business Plan Here

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had nothing to do this morning so I decided to read the whole thing.

It is a pretty interesting read and they have some good ideas but I think they are a little optimistic about their timeline for making a profit.

For those people wondering about UAL RJ expansion according to the plan they will have 275 RJ's by 2008, up from the current 128. Apparently they will have 199 by the end of this year so that makes 76 over 5 years after that. Not a whole lot to split between three express carriers. Of course that comes at the cost of 33 mainline narrowbody jets which sucks arse.

I really hope things turn around at UAL, I have some good friends there and know many others as well. Lets hope things work out well and United emerges in 2004.

Peace Out,

Skeezer

Holy Cow, I can't believe this got leaked!!!
This is a must read for everyone... take the time, it's worth it.

Mainline groups should be interested in the recurring plan to "renegotiate scope to effectively utilize United Express"
Scope to include up to 70 seat RJs
More total RJs
More code share partners (portfolio concept)
Concession plan:
Key CBA Modifications Elements That Target Industry-Leading Productivity:
ALPA:
• Minimum guarantee 60 hours
• Institute preferential bidding
• 92-hour monthly maximum
• Reduce minimum monthly reserve days off to 12 and make 4 moveable
• Reduce lineholder minimum days off to 10 per month
• Eliminate duty rigs
• Eliminate vacation overlap
• Eliminate under 8 hr augmentation
• Create international relief pilot position
• Eliminate requirement for downtown hotels
• Rationalize number of training events to correspond to current needs
Wage Cuts:
• 29% initial cut with 1.5% increases starting 2004
• Eliminate premium pay categories (e.g., international, (e.g., international,
night pay)

Extensive details on soon to be launched LCC based on SWA business model and cities to be served.

Express groups should be interested in plan to "use [ch11] to renegotiate fee per departure contracts with Express carriers to bring costs more in line with competetion"
Interpretation:Goodbye Skywest, AWA; hello Chautauqua and Mesa.

Hurry up and download this to your hard drive before the site is taken down. I don't think this will be up too long.

Bumped to top.

Last edited:
To the top again, Holy Cra9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read this and take special note of Scope and the many referals to SWA.

This whole business about Skywest receiving 717 just got a little validity to it.

Interesting read...

I think management will have a significant uphill battle ahead of them trying to institute several areas of this plan. Overall I don't think it's a bad plan, given the current state of the company and the many challenges it faces. It seems to identify several key components necessary for UA's continued viability as a company and addresses what action must be taken to keep these components in place, but getting it past the unions will be a struggle.

For better or worse, we are all working in a different industry than decades past. Today's business and consumer base will not support the conventional major airline structure, and the LCC's are not going to simply vanish. We are left with no other option but to adapt our business models as managers and our expectations as employees in order to create a middle ground acceptable to all parties involved. That does not mean, however, that we should simply abandon our efforts as a labor group to improve our quality of life and go to work for paltry wages. It does mean, however, that as pilots we're going to need to learn to compromise (which is not a concept that comes naturally to us
:D ).

Off the soapbox now...fly safe.

KAK

When I try to open it up, I just get a blank page with a little square in the top left hand corner.

What's going on?
How do I get to open it up?

Thanks

Any way?

Hey Ya'll,

Do you think there is any way to copy this to my hard drive? This would be good for a class I may teach.

Gracias,

SR

Re: Any way?

Skyrunner said:
Hey Ya'll,

Do you think there is any way to copy this to my hard drive? This would be good for a class I may teach.

Gracias,

SR

Yes there is...

When the file opens, you will notice a little icon of a floppy disk in the upper left corner of the window in which the file opened... hit that and you can save it to disk...

Good luck!

Re: Don't know about this?

PUflight said:
The points are all well taken, but if you go to the mainpage of airwhiners.net, does it not say the Internet's Premier Aviation Parody Site.

I don't think someone would make up a 229 page Powerpoint presentation as a parody...

A parody of this would be a one page presentation that said "Sell all aircraft and call it a day" or something goofy...

This thing looks pretty authentic to me... and remember a pressentation like this is meant for the Board of Directors and Investment banks... I doubt as an intern you dealt anywhere near this level...

Re: Re: Don't know about this?

Falcon Capt said:
I don't think someone would make up a 229 page Powerpoint presentation as a parody... This was a LOT of work for someone

A parody of this would be a one page presentation that said "Sell all aircraft and call it a day" or something goofy...

This thing looks pretty authentic to me... and remember a presentation like this is meant for the Board of Directors and Investment banks... I doubt as an intern you dealt anywhere near this level...

Latest resources

Back