• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United trying to raise cash again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess the new nonrev fees from employees (or is it just express carriers) to fly on their own iron, wasn't enough.

...or...

maybe they only needed another $175 million to pick up a company based in Denver with a fleet of brand new Airbii and over $1 billion in annual revenue (read cash flow) which has been a pain in their side for over a decade while simultaneously preventing the competition from doing the same thing...

...i'm just sayin'...

Imagine that...an intelligent post. Thank you.

Very Possible.

It is getting really old listening to all you subs whining about your pass benefits and YOUR IRON. Hell, in some cases the mainline owns YOUR IRON(cmr,mesaba,compost,AE etc) If it was not for the mainline you would not have a job. The mainline is who the public buys a ticket on. Not some commuter(false advertising at the least). The mainline owns the seats and makes the rules on the use of them. They have decided that mainline employees should have a higher priority over the subs. Get over it. The day your companies start developing your own markets, doing your own advertising, selling your own inventory etc then you have a legit gripe. Until then sit down and STFU.

I guess the new nonrev fees from employees (or is it just express carriers) to fly on their own iron, wasn't enough.

$50 per eligible "membership fee" plus a per segment fee for most UAX carriers.

There is a direct correlation of how employees view their employer and/or business partner, and their motivation to conserve costs (i.e. fuel) for that entity. Say what you will about who "owns" the seats but, if I had a company and wanted to DEMOTIVATE my employees in their effort to help save me money, this is exactly how I'd do it.

Passengers might bitch about added fees (which do not get them anything more than they had before) but it is the employees' fingers on the cost knob.

better hope an airline doesn't go bankrupt during the next 3 1/2 years or our government will be in the airline industry. That will totally mess things up in aviation!
Just my opinion though.

Yea, cause things are going great now. The last time the industry was stable and profitable was when the government totally regulated it.

I want to see ALL the airlines prosper - I don't want to see anybody lose their job. I don't know if there is enough demand to keep all the airlines going.

Latest resources

Back