Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KingAirer said:
But does ACA want UAL?

If ACA can make money with them....why not? ACA has learned not to have all their eggs in one UAL basket and is diversifying their operation. UAL has behaved arrogantly for a bankrupt company. Maybe that strategy works for UAL but you have to have business partners you can count on to honor their agreements and trust.

a contractual agreement with Atlantic Coast Airlines Inc

I believe they are talking about resolving the exit of ACA, an agreement will have to be reached that specifies the terms of the withdrawal from UEX service.

The rumor going around and around is that ACA will hold onto the J-41s indefinately operating to UAX outstations that cannot support RJs for whatever reason.

Tailwinds...

I believe United would like to have ACA as a feeder in the East. However they will only do it under terms similar to what AWAC, Skywest, and Mesa agreed to. It seems ACA isn't willing to negotiate anything close to that and are opting to go out on their own. We all know this and where the current negotiations are with the two companies is anybodies guess. My guess is they are working on an exit agreement.

Latest resources

Back