• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United selling DEN training center?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If CAL doesn't make it UAL surely won't. Not because UAL doesn't have inherent strengths but because UAL mgt's ENTIRE strategy is centered around an inevitable merger. They have no plan B. None.

Don't know where I saw it-I got it from an Email.

From our March 18th CAL EWR LEC 170 Magenta Line:

[FONT=&quot]Item 2: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Continental Airlines BK Article Makes the Rounds[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]An unsigned, unattributed article has been making the rounds via various e-mail chains. This article, entitled, “[FONT=&quot]Perfectly Hedged: Continental Will Go Bankrupt No Matter What Happens to Fuel Prices[/FONT][FONT=&quot]” [/FONT]is, to put it bluntly, bull. Our understanding is that it was written by a “financial writer” who was recently fined 1.5 million dollars by the SEC for fraud and who is likely shorting Continental Airlines stock. Please do not give this trash any additional credence by spreading it further.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Lets put an end to this rumor.

Thanks,

Jayson Baron
LEC 170 Chairman
[/FONT]

United had a lot of the same "not true" articles written as well.

How does it feel?

Both airlines are good companies, UAL just has BAD Management.

United had a lot of the same "not true" articles written as well.

How does it feel?

Both airlines are good companies, UAL just has BAD Management.

Both companies have great employees. There is a huge difference between the companies and the long term future outlook and the probability of the long term survivability of one of them.

I wish you guys the best of luck. My job is to protect the interests of my pilots, no different then if the tables were turned which they were by the way for many years.

No need for further debate from me on this subject.

I love this debate...everyone has a comment/opinion. Today UAL is in trouble along with LCC. Tomorrow CAL could be in trouble. My guess the whole damn industry as we know it is in trouble w/ this economy. One thing is for sure though consolidation will happen either thru merger or buyout or liquidation.

Latest resources

Back