• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Q1 $542M loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like I posted on another thread...a flight ops manager called me today and said there were not plans right now to furlough pilots and to expect a full summer schedule...he was very encouraging.

Most of the doom and gloomers are the ones that either did not get a interview or got turned down.

Yep! Got the call to from the LAX Flight Office, of course that was in March of 2003.

This is the guy leading UAL?

Geesh, is this guy off the wall or what? Tilton responding to a question by analcyst on cc. You think maybe he met with Herb for an early morning pick me up?

Paraphrasing, the analyst asked if there would be money available to recapitalize a company that is involved in an airline merger or acquisition.

Paraphrasing Mr. Tilton, I think he said that there would be some interest because of the steps UAL is taking to improve its financial and operating situation. But here's what he said:
Dan, I would suggest that back to the earlier discussion, that if you take the plans that we're discussing today, capacity discipline as a principle rather than a synergy, take the focus on cost management that we are discussing today, again, the plan with respect to the value of each one of the businesses within the two portfolios that might consolidate, and if you took our plan and our discussion relative to that value that needs to be identified and unlocked, and you layered it over a consolidating scenario, I think you have an attractive investment proposition seen through the lens of a discussion that we're having about our own opportunities, which I don't think has yet made it to the back of the proverbial envelope.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:​

An ex-oil man. He can't even get the hedges right. What a complete incompetent.
You don't have to be good to sell oil, it's like crack, the customer drives up to the pump for a hit. To go from an industry, where the CEO could be comatose, and make buttloads of money, to an industry where Bill Gates would have trouble making a profit. This will settle out and it aint gonna be pretty.
PBR

Latest resources

Back