• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Pilots wake up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread is funny. Any of you guys ever read flying the line? Vol II is the better read, and maybe you should give it a flip.

The fact you're now saying the elephants should give the union to the mice blows me away. ALPA has made mistakes, the biggest one being letting the jet scope slide, but at the end of the day it's YOU'RE union! Take it back. Stand up and be a man. If you don't like it then vote 'em out.

GMAFB....every time this comes up you get a pithy read Flying the Line response.

Vote'm out is what I'll fight for....when I get recalled. That is, when my job stops going away to Express, (ALPA) and age 65 guys retire (ALPA).

Man.

Do something already!

Our pilots aren’t going to do anything. Most haven’t a clue as to what’s going on. As long as they aren’t directly affected by what is going on, they don’t care. It’s all talk. I’ve been furloughed since January and every week I get this stupid email about X amount of furloughs “and we’re doing everything in our power to get our pilots back in their rightful place in the cockpit.” Well if that’s so, then why are all the routes I used to fly the guppy on, now flown by RJ’s? Moreover, many of them now are being flown by Express Jet, not Skywest (so our farm outs have been farmed out!!) Going one step further, I checked to see about going to Ireland for a vacation, and low and behold, we don’t fly there anymore, another farm out “code sharing.” WTF over, is ALPA just going to sit there and allow everything to be given away? As long as ALPA represents everyone, obviously just to build membership so they can enjoy their fatcat salaries, there is no hope for anyone to ever fly for a major airline.
You have the unions out for themselves and this new entitlement generation is right there with them. “Hey guys, Mesa’s gonna get 737’s and I can skateboard through the terminal with my backpack on my shoulder, no tie, jammin to my Ipod, fly a big shiny new jet, get my type, and go to SWA!!” Uh, no you can’t, because as long as you live in mommy and daddy’s basement, have a transcon commute, and fly for $20 an hour, there will never be a need for SWA to hire you.
Then you got the gummers, who like a bad case of herpies, not only will not, but plain out refuse to go away because God forbid they’d have to sell one of their 5 houses, boats, RV’s, wives, etc. Then while you’re being booted out the door they whine and say it’s because the union gave their retirement away. They add that this gives me an additional 5 years as well…yeah best case as an FO, worst case at on the street! So now everyone in the middle that either did their 10+ years in the military or 10+ years, instructing, flying checks, life flights, grand canyon tours, puddle jumpers, etc can’t get on with a legacy because they’re being prison raped from 1,000 hour boy wonders at the bottom and gummers at the top, and no one had the decency to give them some lube or even a ribbed for her pleasure condom!
So all you happy folks who are oblivious to what’s going on with your airline, the end is near. If you don’t step up soon, another legacy will go down in flames and then you can talk about not having a retirement. We're tired of the talk about getting rid of Tilton. We're tired of ALPA “talking about doing something here or there.” It’s like our government with North Korea. You guys aren’t being nice and if you do it again we will convene a meeting and write you a strong-worded letter telling you that we’re not happy with what you’re doing. Blah Blah Blah…grow a pair guys before United is gone…

Our pilots aren’t going to do anything. Most haven’t a clue as to what’s going on. As long as they aren’t directly affected by what is going on, they don’t care. It’s all talk. I’ve been furloughed since January and every week I get this stupid email about X amount of furloughs “and we’re doing everything in our power to get our pilots back in their rightful place in the cockpit.” Well if that’s so, then why are all the routes I used to fly the guppy on, now flown by RJ’s? Moreover, many of them now are being flown by Express Jet, not Skywest (so our farm outs have been farmed out!!) Going one step further, I checked to see about going to Ireland for a vacation, and low and behold, we don’t fly there anymore, another farm out “code sharing.” WTF over, is ALPA just going to sit there and allow everything to be given away? As long as ALPA represents everyone, obviously just to build membership so they can enjoy their fatcat salaries, there is no hope for anyone to ever fly for a major airline.
You have the unions out for themselves and this new entitlement generation is right there with them. “Hey guys, Mesa’s gonna get 737’s and I can skateboard through the terminal with my backpack on my shoulder, no tie, jammin to my Ipod, fly a big shiny new jet, get my type, and go to SWA!!” Uh, no you can’t, because as long as you live in mommy and daddy’s basement, have a transcon commute, and fly for $20 an hour, there will never be a need for SWA to hire you.
Then you got the gummers, who like a bad case of herpies, not only will not, but plain out refuse to go away because God forbid they’d have to sell one of their 5 houses, boats, RV’s, wives, etc. Then while you’re being booted out the door they whine and say it’s because the union gave their retirement away. They add that this gives me an additional 5 years as well…yeah best case as an FO, worst case at on the street! So now everyone in the middle that either did their 10+ years in the military or 10+ years, instructing, flying checks, life flights, grand canyon tours, puddle jumpers, etc can’t get on with a legacy because they’re being prison raped from 1,000 hour boy wonders at the bottom and gummers at the top, and no one had the decency to give them some lube or even a ribbed for her pleasure condom!
So all you happy folks who are oblivious to what’s going on with your airline, the end is near. If you don’t step up soon, another legacy will go down in flames and then you can talk about not having a retirement. We're tired of the talk about getting rid of Tilton. We're tired of ALPA “talking about doing something here or there.” It’s like our government with North Korea. You guys aren’t being nice and if you do it again we will convene a meeting and write you a strong-worded letter telling you that we’re not happy with what you’re doing. Blah Blah Blah…grow a pair guys before United is gone…

Funny, SAD, and so TRUE!

ALPA just pulled our MEC Forums down, due to a "server" virus........

Me thinks they don't want the troops talking about how CRAPPY a job they do!

ANY OTHER AIRLINE ALPA-MEC Forums down?????? I'll bet not!

SERVER VIRUS MY Arse!

Whatever. Since my furlough in May, I haven't been able to post anything anyway. Don't want us rabblerousers causing trouble for the folks on the line. Oh, but the retirees and Leave of Absense guys, post away. Er, wait. There's a VIRUS. Sure there is. ::shrug::

SCR

Latest resources

Back