• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United New-Hire Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fact: JB is not shrinking its fleet. There is an overall net gain in aircraft, albeit much lower than was planned a couple of years ago.

Guess: You will be able to upgrade to A320 captain quicker at United than you will at JB.

Fact: United has no aircraft on order.

According to the 2007 seniority list at United there will be over 2500 retirements from 2020 to 2025 (based on age 60 retirements). Jetblue will not give us that type of information to help us make a decision.

Nobody here on this board can tell you it is right or wrong to leave JB for UA. It is a very personal business decision that only you and your family can make.

Good luck with your decision. Whichever one you make try not to look back. Just try to enjoy the crazy ride we call an airline career.

GP

Pilottodd,

I made the move from B6 to UAL recently. I was a line holder on the Bus, just starting 2nd year pay. I'd be happy to talk to you about it...send me a PM.

Pilottodd,

I made the move from B6 to UAL recently. I was a line holder on the Bus, just starting 2nd year pay. I'd be happy to talk to you about it...send me a PM.

Are you on the line yet golfer? I imagine your class should be pretty much on the line now?

Are you on the line yet golfer? I imagine your class should be pretty much on the line now?

I just got back last night from a quick trip to Denver. We had to do OE Prep...sort of a tour of the operation,mx, etc. I am bringing up the rear in the first class (there were 5 of us from our class and one guy from the second class doing the prep). I haven't heard when my OE is...probably next week. I think about half of our class is online now.

I enjoyed the training...the instructors were all very good. Looking forward to hitting the line.

I just got back last night from a quick trip to Denver. We had to do OE Prep...sort of a tour of the operation,mx, etc. I am bringing up the rear in the first class (there were 5 of us from our class and one guy from the second class doing the prep). I haven't heard when my OE is...probably next week. I think about half of our class is online now.

I enjoyed the training...the instructors were all very good. Looking forward to hitting the line.

Well, congrats again. I hope you get Christmas off!

I start class 1/7. Can anybody shed some light on LAX for me? I live in PHX and assume LA would be the easiest commute, but what about schedules compared to other bases?

Also, is new hire class seniority still being done using last four of your SSN? I heard not anymore. Thanks for the info!

I start class 1/7. Can anybody shed some light on LAX for me? I live in PHX and assume LA would be the easiest commute, but what about schedules compared to other bases?

Also, is new hire class seniority still being done using last four of your SSN? I heard not anymore. Thanks for the info!

I can confirm the SSN thing for seniority is true. They are supposedly "close" to providing hotel for new hires after the first 2 weeks of Indoc. I'll believe it when I see it...they are pretty tight on a nickel.

Sorry to say, I hear that PHX to LAX is not an easy commute due to volume of commuters and lack of seats. I haven't done it but myself but hear it's a bear.

Latest resources

Back