• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United New Hire Housing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Paying $7000 for a type is not required at SWA. Just that you posses it when you show up for class. How you got it doesn't matter. Hotel and regular pay including medical, start day one.

Now who's the dickwad?

But you still are required to have the type to start class... most people have to buy it.

Last edited:
What a joke the airlines are..... Name another industry where this practice would be acceptable. We are all SUCKERS!

go out much? try most of the working world will not pay for a hotel when you start a job.

do accountants get a hotel paid for during their couple of days in their respective companies indoc?

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay during UA New Hire Training. Are there hotels that are near the training center that are clean and offer a better price than $60? Are there any furnished apartments that are near the training center? Thanks for any info.

Back when I was hired in early 1999 I stayed at an apartment complex. In those days the apartment manager came to the training center cafeteria and signed up guys who were interested.....I roomed with my sim partner and the total tab was about 800 for the month...400 each and we had a huge 2 bedroom apt....

Not too sure if those deals are still around but you may want to ask around....

If you go to hotwire.com and book a 2 star hotel in Northeast Denver, it will most likely be the Guesthouse International Hotel. Its just up the street from TK with all sorts of places to eat nearby. The hotwire rate is $39+tax ($52 per night). I would recommend it for indoc until you get your aircraft assignment and training date (which could be as little as 5 days off or three weeks off before you start aircraft training). The hotel is not the double tree or Raddison, but its a cheap place (with breakfast and free Wifi) to stay if you don't want to share the $80 room at the other places mentioned.

go out much? try most of the working world will not pay for a hotel when you start a job.

do accountants get a hotel paid for during their couple of days in their respective companies indoc?

I have to disagree. I don't know which accounting firm you are referring to, however any reputable accounting firm(Pricewaterhouse, etc) would pay and issue a corporate credit card for expenses to boot.

Hell, my wife is in sales and gets these kind of perks no questions asked. I agree with the other poster, we are all suckers. :laugh:

I spoke w/ Capt Mike Gillen and he is going to ask new hires in a particular class if it is ok to share email addresses so that we/they can contact each other prior to showing up at training. I told him I wouldn't have a problem w/ it.

Anyone looking at the 27 Nov class yet?

C-17 DriverI spoke w/ Capt Mike Gillen and he is going to ask new hires in a particular class if it is ok to share email addresses so that we/they can contact each other prior to showing up at training. I told him I wouldn't have a problem w/ it.

Anyone looking at the 27 Nov class yet?

I'm scheduled for 27 Nov class if anyone wants to pm me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back