Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

C5 Guy

United Pilots: Recall of Up To 200 Pilots 'Welcome' News
The United MEC today issued the following press release following the Company's announcement of the recall of 100 to 200 furloughed United pilots, who will be offered jobs to fly for United Continental Holdings, Inc.'s Continental subsidiary.

United Pilots: Recall of Up to 200 Pilots ‘Welcome’ News

Chicago, Ill., July 14, 2011--The United pilots today welcomed the company’s announcement of the return of 100 to 200 furloughed pilots. It is the hope of the United Chapter of the Air Line Pilots Association that these recalls are the first of a wave of recalls that will eventually lead to the return of all our 1,437 furloughed pilots.

“When a furloughed United pilot returns to our cockpits, whether United or subsidiary Continental, it is welcome news,” said United MEC Chairman Captain Wendy Morse. “No pilots have paid a higher price for the recent shocks to the aviation industry than the 1,437 United pilots who have been on furlough.

Training could begin as early as late September. While these pilots will be hired to staff Continental aircraft, they will retain seniority rights in position on the United pilot seniority list. The seniority lists of both carriers will only be merged after the completion of a Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement allowing United to recognize the benefits of finally completing the merger.

“We still have work to do to get the remaining United pilots off the street,” added Capt. Morse. “We remain focused on securing a Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement with United and getting all of our pilots back to work. We look forward to that day and will not rest until they return.”

Here's the required question for these threads: What are the hire dates for these recallees?

HAL

My friend who's a 2000 hire is 400 from the bottom.... so I assume they're pre-2000...

I like the "no pilots have suffered more that our 1400. . ." I think any pilot at any carrier that is furloughed suffers the same - althought the United folks have to give up that whole light switch on light switch off hat game when they are furloughed so perhaps she is right.

While these pilots will be hired to staff Continental aircraft, they will retain seniority rights in position on the United pilot seniority list. The seniority lists of both carriers will only be merged after the completion of a Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement allowing United to recognize the benefits of finally completing the merger.

The title of this thread is very misleading. UAL pilots are not being recalled. They are essentially being the first of the furloughees to be stapled to the bottom of the CAL list. From a historical perspective, their UAL seniority is meaningless if they are on furlough when the SLI snapshot is taken.

The good news is supposedly they don't have to start at CAL new hire wages, but will get paid the rate they were at when furloughed.

The title of this thread is very misleading. UAL pilots are not being recalled. They are essentially being the first of the furloughees to be stapled to the bottom of the CAL list. From a historical perspective, their UAL seniority is meaningless if they are on furlough when the SLI snapshot is taken.

The good news is supposedly they don't have to start at CAL new hire wages, but will get paid the rate they were at when furloughed.

*clap clap clap* Congrats on the ****************************** post of the day. Guys are getting their jobs back and you put a negative spin on it. *clap clap clap*

Subsidiary?

And "our" cockpits? You got a mouse in your pocket?

“When a furloughed United pilot returns to our cockpits, whether United or subsidiary Continental, it is welcome news,” said United MEC Chairman Captain Wendy Morse.

To say either subsidiary would be more correct....

Question: has this ever been done before?

*edit* re-read it. I'll drop the concern over being termed "subsidiary". Idk what I was thinking. Too tired. Just got done flying.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back