United may ground 757-300 and 767-200 to curb fuel cost

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you guys are hilarious

sorry i havent updated my Flight profile/resume lately.
11,000 hours, 9 type ratings and furloughed from UAL, currently employed and make more flying a f'n beechjet than if i were still at the U-- how sad is that?--- now am i an expert? Now can I bitch?

thanks for the laugh

SKIPPY

they MAY or they MAY NOT

ATA Smart Brief (13Mar11) wrote:
United may ground 44 aircraft as oil prices rise

United Continental may ground its fleet of Boeing 737-500 and 767-200ER aircraft in an attempt to offset rising oil prices, CEO Jeff Smisek said Friday. The company has 34 of the narrow-body planes and 10 of the wide-bodies, with an average age of 15 and 9.8 years, respectively. Regarding high oil prices, Smisek said, "I feel a bit like a pinata at a 10-year-old's birthday party." Grounding fuel-inefficient aircraft would be a step in fighting oil costs for United Continental, which announced March 7 that capacity will remain flat for 2011; earlier plans had called for a 1% to 2% capacity increase

United Continental may ground its fleet of Boeing 737-500 and 767-200ER aircraft in an attempt to offset rising oil prices, CEO Jeff Smisek said Friday. The company has 34 of the narrow-body planes and 10 of the wide-bodies, with an average age of 15 and 9.8 years, respectively. Regarding high oil prices, Smisek said, "I feel a bit like a pinata at a 10-year-old's birthday party." Grounding fuel-inefficient aircraft would be a step in fighting oil costs for United Continental, which announced March 7 that capacity will remain flat for 2011; earlier plans had called for a 1% to 2% capacity increase

Still gotta pay the leases whether they fly or not. Sitting and making no money or flying and losing some money or making a few bucks here and there. The argument is moot as this is nothing more than the same ploy they used to rush C02 down our throats. Park them, don't park them. We will see you at the end of the TPA at the grand opening of USAir number 2 on November 1st.

Skippy: I'd be a doubter too if I was in your shoes. Glad that you've got a flying job. No more Paul W types around unilaterally selling out what's left of the contract. If Jeff can't pull this off he'll get replaced. His own arrogance is what we're going to leverage our efforts on. The mediator knows he's not negotiating in good faith. Jeff is betting we won't get released but I think he's wrong. 12 months? Sounds about right but that's when we'll be walking IMHO. This threat to park airplanes is typical CAL mgt negotiating.

you guys are hilarious

sorry i havent updated my Flight profile/resume lately.
11,000 hours, 9 type ratings and furloughed from UAL, currently employed and make more flying a f'n beechjet than if i were still at the U-- how sad is that?--- now am i an expert? Now can I bitch?

thanks for the laugh

SKIPPY

Enjoy your beechjet. Besides slinging mud at ALPA, what's your point?

You also though Spirit pilots would cave on their strike and management would fail.

Last edited:

That was author's speculation, not the company word. I'm not saying that couldn't happen but a big assumption at this point. I still speculate that since over 50% of the domestic reduction will come from regional flying, the 50 seaters with the highest CASM will depart first.

Enjoy your beechjet. Besides slinging mud at ALPA, what's your point?

You also though Spirit pilots would cave on their strike and management would fail.

Actually i said on 5/13/10. Guess i was wrong--- but please dont compare the size and power of the two completely different airlines. And if you want to take it further--- what did spirit accomplish after the strike-- IE what did they gain-- their contract is pretty schitty anyway-- so let me answer not much-- trust me that week off or so has already been made up in profit-- they have they highest profit margin in the airline business. what to know why they dont publish the before and after? BC after the strike people cant come back and say " we've been striking for a week and this is all we've gained? Only has to pass by 51%

05-13-2010, 02:05 #3 Skippy

Civ/Mil: N/a
A/C Flown: C172
Ratings: N/a
Total Time: N/a

Well pilots rejected proffer may 5. So soundS more like a 37 day coolong off period.
Spirit mgmnt will cave at the 12 th hour

SLINGING MUD AT ALPA? sorry being an elected rep for 6 years i think i've earned the right to judge the performance of things alpa related

Last edited:
Gee Skippy I don't know WTF that last post was exactly, but try to avoid the bottle before tearing into Unical ALPA as a weak structure.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back