• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United leaves passengers....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, our management has trouble figuring out what is going on w/ the mainline flights 3 months after the fact. Do you really think that they have a clue what is going on w/ out Express carriers? If you do...you are giving them way too much credit.

WOW...just out of BK....is it really that bad over there?

Tejas

Sue 'em...

I had not heard about this until yesterday when I saw the article in USA Today. Now, it was USA Today but, assuming for the moment that the article was substantially correct, I hope

someone sues the crap out of ual, shuttle, etc.,

for this outrageous behavior.

I imagine that if someone did, UAL, etc., would fold like a wet noodle because intelligent and savvy counsel for the passengers would be able to dig up some very interesting stuff on how UAL decided to sacrifice these passengers at the expense of what probably ended up being something like less than $50,000 in profit? THAT was a good business decision....

Seriously, what UAL and Shuttle did to their passengers in this case was simply unconscionable. I defy anyone on this board to come up with any rational excuse to leave those passengers behind in Cheyenne, WY, of all places, rather than to get them to another airport where they at least have options.

Peace...

Last edited:
just me, or wouldn't you want to divert just up the road to casper where you have united, delta and nwa scheduled flights? and agents......?

Funny thing is that both flights involved in the Nebraska incident were operated by Trans States. Ever notice how no Trans States employee ever defends the company? (Out of respect for those stuck in that deplorable environment I didn't say 'their company'.)

What were they supposed to do? Let those planes sit there until the WX in DEN gets better? How long does that take? They sent busses up there to get them the next day. The issue here is poor communication. An airline cant leave planes sitting around when they dont know when they will be able to use them again. they had enough planes stuck in DEN as it was. This isnt a charter operation. UAL did a poor job of communicating with the pax, about telling them when the busses were going to be there, probably because they didnt know. Also, do we know if the pax were weather warned. If they were, then they are responsible for all expenses when diverted. If not, then UAL needs to step up. And the government clown who said he has never heard of such a thing is a moron. I have diverted and left the pax to go somewhere else more than once. Generally, the pax have been bussed to where they were supposed to go.

This is such an effin joke, its simple pax want to go to DEN, cant get em there, divert to nearby airport, busses come nect day to bring them to their destination, planes leave to go make money elsewhere, DUH, the planes cant go to DEN for several days, so leave and do other work, abandoned? WTF USA today! sleazy way to sell papers

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back