• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Ipad EFB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know if I agree with your statement after the SLI debate is on I won't even remember this. Take the time to go on the United pilots forum, which you can now access, and read about what happened.

Notice that not one CO pilot has come on here and shown even the least bit of worry about one side taking a benefit without the other. I am sorry but this is my experience with the CO pilot groub dating way back to the 80's during the Texas air era. Their lack of support to us on the EAL side smells just like today.

Yes good luck to us all.

I wasn't at CO at that time but I understand your frustration with that "special group" of pilots. I am sure you have been madder then mad at the UAL mec over the years and we have certainly felt the same about ours. We read about this decision just like you did. I will take a look over there when I get done with this trip, have a good night.

Not now!! Co pilots can pay for them with their profit sharing that so far is coming out of my wallet. Not that I'm bitter.

For Christ sake Eagle, get your facts straight before you look like an idiot. I suggest you and your group have a 'come to Jesus' moment and get all the facts. I might agree with you that we SHOULDN'T of gotten profit sharing only because more good would of come from not taking it, but not because we didn't deserve it. And your weak argument about something in the 80's that doesn't have anything to do with 90 percent of the pilot group usually comes up as the basis for a weak argument. You're rhetoric is just that....noise.

For Christ sake Eagle, get your facts straight before you look like an idiot. I suggest you and your group have a 'come to Jesus' moment and get all the facts. I might agree with you that we SHOULDN'T of gotten profit sharing only because more good would of come from not taking it, but not because we didn't deserve it. And your weak argument about something in the 80's that doesn't have anything to do with 90 percent of the pilot group usually comes up as the basis for a weak argument. You're rhetoric is just that....noise.

You are correct, I was wrong about where the money was coming from I will give you that. Jeff will spend an additional 40 million dollars to give to one half ot the pilot group. On a potentially 1.5 billion dollar contract that was money well spent to put up a devide between the pilot groups. An aitline managements dream come true.

Jeff obviously wants the employee groups to not be united. That is why he says things like "why should I pay you more. (pointing to the pilots in attendance) Then I would have to pay them (pointing to the rest of the folks in attendance) less. Thunderous applause follows. He knows what he is doing, and your renegade MC fell right in line. That all happened two weeks ago, not in the 80's. That happened with this CO pilot group today, not a small percentage.

So dont go to the CEO pep rallys. Here is the answer though "well Jeff when the push back tug engine quits you and your family get delayed when the airplanes engine quits at V1 we keep you and your family alive. There can also be plenty of questions about how Jeff's salary relates to other airline ceo's in a percentage basis and why he is paid so much more then they are. But and here comes the opinion again I just dont understand why pilots feel the need to go to a propaganda show and then get mad because their half baked questions get turned around on them. Just sayin that is not negotiating that is looking stupid.
The rampies don't get a vote and we aren't bargaining with them so who really gives a crap what they think?

What?? Thump our chests about how good we are and hope Jeff notices??? In case you haven't noticed we have been asked to picket several events. Been to one??

Sorry sitting quietly in the corner is not gonna to work.

You are correct, I was wrong about where the money was coming from I will give you that. Jeff will spend an additional 40 million dollars to give to one half ot the pilot group. On a potentially 1.5 billion dollar contract that was money well spent to put up a devide between the pilot groups. An aitline managements dream come true.

Jeff obviously wants the employee groups to not be united. That is why he says things like "why should I pay you more. (pointing to the pilots in attendance) Then I would have to pay them (pointing to the rest of the folks in attendance) less. Thunderous applause follows. He knows what he is doing, and your renegade MC fell right in line. That all happened two weeks ago, not in the 80's. That happened with this CO pilot group today, not a small percentage.

What did you expect? Of course there would be if Jeff bused in his support. He was waiting for that question and Jay walked right in. I'll give you that!! It was a trap and Jay just blindly walked in. Personally, I don't trust Jay at all. But to judge the whole pilot group at CAL? Come on Eagle, you're not even that dumb. If you allow 40 million to break us apart because you're pissed about us getting profit sharing....then forget about you. I say burn it down....do the UsAir route....and I'll be senior to you as a fluffer on Donkey D**** Part II. If that doesn't seem like the right course of action, then forget about this....move the hell on man. I'm tired of you United people high walking around like you own the joint. You'd be fluffing right now if it wasn't for Continental and what the CONTINENTAL piots did to make UAL stronger. Ya, 3q's and over a billion bucks and it was all freaking United. Whatever Eagle. I'm guessing you're a senior idiot already drooling out of your arse waiting for the impending 'fly west' direction while piloting your POS Airbus. Get over yourself man....and move the F on. YOU'RE the reason why everything is difficult. As you're MEC why THEY are continously making efforts to deceive us and not share information for SLI??? Ask them why they won't engage us as equals? Ask them what was the real reason behind 747 payrates? Ask them why go it alone with the training issue and not share their strategy? Ask them why they petitioned Congress without including the CAL pilots? Everything is difficult with you guys.....so look in the mirror man.

What did you expect? Of course there would be if Jeff bused in his support. He was waiting for that question and Jay walked right in. I'll give you that!! It was a trap and Jay just blindly walked in. Personally, I don't trust Jay at all. But to judge the whole pilot group at CAL? Come on Eagle, you're not even that dumb. If you allow 40 million to break us apart because you're pissed about us getting profit sharing....then forget about you. I say burn it down....do the UsAir route....and I'll be senior to you as a fluffer on Donkey D**** Part II. If that doesn't seem like the right course of action, then forget about this....move the hell on man. I'm tired of you United people high walking around like you own the joint. You'd be fluffing right now if it wasn't for Continental and what the CONTINENTAL piots did to make UAL stronger. Ya, 3q's and over a billion bucks and it was all freaking United. Whatever Eagle. I'm guessing you're a senior idiot already drooling out of your arse waiting for the impending 'fly west' direction while piloting your POS Airbus. Get over yourself man....and move the F on. YOU'RE the reason why everything is difficult. As you're MEC why THEY are continously making efforts to deceive us and not share information for SLI??? Ask them why they won't engage us as equals? Ask them what was the real reason behind 747 payrates? Ask them why go it alone with the training issue and not share their strategy? Ask them why they petitioned Congress without including the CAL pilots? Everything is difficult with you guys.....so look in the mirror man.

Having two MECs is overrated. You all should replace ALPA and elect a new union with just one board.

I've said F this place burn it down way before the merger was even announced.
Cal sucked then and United does now. My only hope is that in the future it will suck a little less.

Can't wait for the opening of DEN and ORD bases. With all the realigning the poo will really start to fly then.

Best bet..Grab a 12 pack, some popcorn, take a seat, and enjoy the show. It will be strictly NC17.

Oh yeah what was the question? The EFB's. Yeah we are geting those in August right?
(from EWR ACP though efb's start going out next week. Carry 6 months with your 40 lbs of crap for 6 months "per FAA" then can ditch manuals. Once "other" EFB's are hard wired in airplane carry jepps for 6 months "per FAA" then can ditch jepps.

First may happen before end of 2012. The second will happen before end of 2020 if ever at this outhouse/crackhouse of a company.

Last edited:
United is a complete mess and we'll be lucky to walk away with a career.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back