• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If my breasts help me get a job at United, so be it. Half of the guys here use recomendations, half of them have daddys that work for majors and most of the pilots at CAL are scabs or sons of scabs or have recomendations.

I think it is safe to say that everyone gets hired based on something other than ability to shoot an approach. Cause they even hire fighter pilots, and they only fly VFR. LOL

In a way it still amazes me that United is talked about now in such a way, whoda ever thunk it.

In any case congratulations to all who want the job and got the job. Most times those that over analyze and try to trick-fluff the system with their brilliant logic end up getting bitten in the end.

Go with your gut. Go to United and make the most of it, somehow I still think its a worthy goal, or choice, as the case may be.

Last edited:
I think he works for UPS, so I bet he is pretty happy.

They have no where to go but up from here. JMHO.

Scott,

Just so you know, that's not quite true. There's plenty of paths UAL may take. Getting stapled to the bottom (or even fairly integrated.... with a 2007 seniority date) would not be a path you would want - I don't care where you are in life. They'd furlough the bottom 20-30%.... again.... and you'd be out for many years - fighting for a job with a bunch of cookie-cutter-furloughees - just like we all did back in 2001,2002,2003....

I'm not saying you aren't making the right choice (gamble) for you... it's just that it isn't "no way but up" for UAL for a LONG time. good luck. We all gamble in this industry. I hope you win. But there will be losers.

-fate
ex UAL furloughee

Scott,

Just so you know, that's not quite true. There's plenty of paths UAL may take. Getting stapled to the bottom (or even fairly integrated.... with a 2007 seniority date) would not be a path you would want - I don't care where you are in life. They'd furlough the bottom 20-30%.... again.... and you'd be out for many years - fighting for a job with a bunch of cookie-cutter-furloughees - just like we all did back in 2001,2002,2003....

I'm not saying you aren't making the right choice (gamble) for you... it's just that it isn't "no way but up" for UAL for a LONG time. good luck. We all gamble in this industry. I hope you win. But there will be losers.

-fate
ex UAL furloughee

The same was said to the guys getting hired at CAL back in 05-06 now they have almost 1000 guys underneath them and some are even captains. This whole industry is a crap shoot but one thing is for sure you cannot have great opportunities unless you take a chance, and in this industry that means going to the bottom of somebodies list. If you wait until the right time you could definately miss the boat.
Congrats to everone who gets hired at CAL, UAL, DAL, FDX etc.

CatIIIc,

That's exactly my point. The industry is a crap shoot... and UAL is no different. The greater the risk, the greater the reward... sometimes.

-fate

This industry is a crap-shoot.
Ah... fatalism at its best... the belief that the outcome of one's life is beyond his or her control. Nonsense.

Please tell me... if you're not directing your life, then who is?

You obtain all the required ratings and experience; you network and establish relationships as required in this business. Eventually you apply and are granted an interview. You seek the advice of professional interview/sim prep services and nail the interview. This I call preparation meeting opportunity. Others call it "luck".

Fatalism is a convenient mindset for failure. The belief that the circumstances of one's life are beyond your control provides a convenient excuse for not achieving your potential (dreams).

Life's short... I'm a believer in following the proven (and well worn) path to success. I do realize that this philosophy is not for everyone though. Good luck! :D

BBB

I think it is safe to say that everyone gets hired based on something other than ability to shoot an approach. Cause they even hire fighter pilots, and they only fly VFR. LOL

Yeah, and because they fly alone in the airplane, making all the decisions themselves, they're also totally unable to handle the crew/CRM environment on an airliner.

Latest resources

Back