• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United in EWR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would expect UAL and CALto located gates together as part of star alliance.

Very normal to do this. Just another step.

Admit it, you want the merger badly don't you. Your posts ooooze desire for the merger. That merger will be very very ugly. UAL will not be welcomed with open arms by anyone at CAL except Kellner. There will be open and blatant hostility. To think different is simply ignoring the obvious. There will be years of ugly employee relations while both groups go out of there way to abuse each other. This will not go well. Once the bankers are rich, they will leave while the employees will beat the $hit out of each other for decades to come.

Sound fun? This is exactly what will happen and you know it yet you want it so badly anyway........I don't understand that.

Has there been a memo about this?

I doubt United will be moving to terminal C, CAL has to many airplanes at terminal C as it is to park all of their airplanes there, let alone give up 3 or 4 gates to United(dont know how many they have at A1 now). XJT is forced down to terminal A2 and then the pax have to be bussed to terminal C. Colgan and Commute Air are over in C and those airplanes take up way to much space for what they carry(and they are getting more planes come next summer). I just dont personally see any free space at terminal C to give up any of the gates to United. Even though CAL is shifting pilots down to IAH from EWR I dont think the flight schedules in EWR are being reduced that much. Perhaps they will run a bus from A1 to C, now the PAX would have to exit security, ride the air train, then go back through security in C.

Although CAL has done crazier/stupider things in EWR. What ever they do will be the most inconvenient thing for the PAX as possible

Admit it, you want the merger badly don't you. Your posts ooooze desire for the merger. That merger will be very very ugly. UAL will not be welcomed with open arms by anyone at CAL except Kellner. There will be open and blatant hostility. To think different is simply ignoring the obvious. There will be years of ugly employee relations while both groups go out of there way to abuse each other. This will not go well. Once the bankers are rich, they will leave while the employees will beat the $hit out of each other for decades to come.

Sound fun? This is exactly what will happen and you know it yet you want it so badly anyway........I don't understand that.

I am just saying that is what happens when an alliance happens!
Try to compete with the DAL/NWA thing without a merger....and don't tell me one time that they are all happy either at DAL..... I want the best for both companies and pilots at UAL/CAL. GET ALL OF THEM BACK TO WORK....and under a industry leading contract...PERIOD.

And you want......what. How do you know the furture in all of this?...You don't.

Last edited:

Well I don't understand the fact that you don't understand that we have NO CONTROL over the merger at all ----- nada. He is just making a prediction - a FI mainstay.

And if the pilots at EITHER airline make life hard for each other it does nothing but make life harder in the long run. We don't salivate over a good many parts of your stellar contract - as you think of the same of ours (scope etc.)

We can make lemonade or we can sour the whole damn thing - Redbook/Greenbook, Easties vs Westies etc. never solves anything. Let's sit back and hope we never do merge but keep in the back of your mind if it ever DOES happen - we can make it an overall positive or we can wreck both companies......

Up to you brother......

Try to compete with the DAL/NWA thing without a merger....and don't tell me one time that they are all happy either at DAL..... I want the best for both companies and pilots at UAL/CAL. GET ALL OF THEM BACK TO WORK....and under a leading industry contract...PERIOD.

And you want......what. How do you know the furture in all of this?...You don't.

What I want?? I want CAL in bankruptcy court before any merger is considered. A long slow death is just fine with me so long as it does not include a merger with United. How will CAL benefit from merging with a company that has half it's market cap and twice it's debt? Answer............it won't. Only the bankers win. Bringing on more debt will not make CAL compete with DAL/NWA. None of the bankers who push a merger will stay around long enough to be there for the collapse. Should UAL and CAL prove to both be healthy stand alone companies then and only then will a merger be in the best interest of the employees. Otherwise, it's going to be a bloodbath.

My prediction about the employees will turn to be very accurate. Ask one next time you're in EWR.

Last edited:
No one merged with Pan Am, but its assets were distributed in a fire sale. The flying United does will not go with the wind, it will go with a new paint job, or several.

Latest resources

Back