• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Growth in 2010

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right now I am overseas making 5 times what I was making at United so there isn't a rush to get back. However, I do plan to come back, but only when I know I have the money in the bank to ride out hard times again if I need to. I don't want to be caught out, if a merger were to take place and not have an opportunity to come back or be stapled further to the bottom. Our biggest complaint here in the desert is the schedules, if it wasn't for the schedules and if I was able to commute this job would be great where I am at for the next 10 years anyways. So if United does start replacing the 737's they parked, I would be happy to see that.

Stay safe out there and we thank you for your service.

An early New Years toast to a better 2010 and our return to a Tilton-less UAL.

I really don't think that JB, AAI and VA have been in some strong hiring boom....
Didn't say they were.

However, quite a few people came over to those carriers in the last several years (back when they WERE hiring) who still have recall rights at UAL.

After seeing what happened to many who *DID* return to UAL back in '07 when they were recalled then subsequently furloughed again into a nasty job market with few options, as well as UAL's inability to turn a profit in the last decade, even after bankruptcy restructuring... well... let's just say I have my doubts about how many will return unless they have no other viable alternatives.

Opinions vary...

How many of the 1400 would you guess are folks that are going to stay out..ie: 60+. I am sure there are some.

There is no doubt some will never come back, but as far as hiring off the street in 2010 ( as the "golfer had said") just isn't going to happen. Even if they were to recall 400, which they will not, (I don't think there will be any) there wouldn't be any hiring off the street.

There is no doubt some will never come back, but as far as hiring off the street in 2010 ( as the "golfer had said") just isn't going to happen. Even if they were to recall 400, which they will not, (I don't think there will be any) there wouldn't be any hiring off the street.

Eaglesview,

I was being facetious...making a joke...I didn't really mean it...I don't think its going to happen.

Fly2AK,

Where are you currently? Emirates? What are the schedules like? How many days off a month are you getting?

Furloughed80

Here is the answer to my question about the c-series http://blog.seattlepi.com/aerospace/archives/187858.asp

I am at Fly Dubai. Right now the schedules suck, but if your family is here with you, you will be home in Dubai every night as Fly Dubai does not overnight anywhere. I get between 8 -10 days off and fly roughly 55 hrs per month, but like I said I am home every night in Dubai.

Hi!

Just saw FlyDubai in Djibouti last this past Sun. It was the first one I had seen. Hope the operation is going well.

cliff
NBO

Here is the answer to my question about the c-series http://blog.seattlepi.com/aerospace/archives/187858.asp

I am at Fly Dubai. Right now the schedules suck, but if your family is here with you, you will be home in Dubai every night as Fly Dubai does not overnight anywhere. I get between 8 -10 days off and fly roughly 55 hrs per month, but like I said I am home every night in Dubai.

I guess that article explains why they got 100 options on the Heavys....so when would the C Series be available? The E190?

Latest resources

Back